Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jms259 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Foreign Tax Deductions Against MD State Tax Liability
    I worked in London for 8 months out of the year. I worked in Maryland the other 4 months. I know how to use foreign tax credits on my federal and social security liabilities.

Is there any way to use foreign tax credits against my Maryland State and Local Tax liability? These taxes are for 7.5% of my total income earned in the US and abroad. Any ideas on how to reduce my State and Local Tax liability with the foreign tax credit I have remaining?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 12:33 AM
    NOT that I know of!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me compute US tax liaibility after foreign tax credit [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: A us company Frank expand with a new co (Ana) formation into a foreign host company with a 20% tax on corporate income within its borders. At the end of its fourth yr of operations the foreign corp Ana distributes $100,000 to Frank from its earning and progits previously taxes by the host...

H1 and H4 tax Liability. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am working in US since Sept '06 in US on H1B Visa. My Wife joined me here in US in Oct 06 on H4 Dependent VISA. As per the current W2 form from my employer, my Income is around $19500. Also I have already paid around $4100 towards Federal Taxes and around $1100 towards State taxes . I...

Tax liaibility after foreign tax credit [ 3 Answers ]

Help me compute US tax liaibility after foreign tax credit

Tax Liability [ 2 Answers ]

I do payroll for a home based business - can someone tell me the approximate tax liability for an annual income of 14,640 for one of our employees who will be claiming 6 depdendents. She works part-time for us and this is her only income. Is there a table that I can download or some calculation....

View more questions Search