Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark but not Heartless Posts: 78, Reputation: -1

Feb 7, 2007, 08:15 PM
    i think i just lost the last of my close friends
    ugh. I am SOOOOOOOO depressed. I did something stupid, and it probably cost me a LOT more than I was prepared to lose. Its kind of a complicated story, so I will be using the following names to represent the characters.

best friend = my best friend
    girlfriend = HIS girlfriend
    friend = my other friend
    girl = the girl he likes

OK, first, I went to this party on Saturday, which was a surprise party for my best friend's [best friend]'s girlfriend. That night [girlfriend] texted me asking if I had a crush on [girl] . I told her no, cause [friend] liked her a whole lot. She told me he didn't, and when he confirmed so to me, I told him I still couldn't go out wit her, knowing he like her so much. Then I got a message from [best friend], yelling at me for reasons that he refused to tell me, and, deciding to worry about that later, I tried to help [friend]. I felt so sorry for him that I talked to [girl] to see how she felt about this. When she said she didn't like him, I didn't tell [friend] , but he knew the answer and had a nervous breakdown. Then he said I shouldn't have gotton involved and that he couldn't talk to me for a while. But then he sent me another message that made himself sound suicidal.

I feel terrible. For hurting him, for being stupid, and for possibly driving him to potential suicide. I don't know what to do with myself.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 05:03 AM
    First of all, you did nothing wrong.

As far as a friend calling you and sounding suicidal even if he was it has nothing to do with you anyway, It would be his own choice plus that tells me he was very unstable to begin with.

You do not know what to do with yourself.

These people that you consider friends would not be acting like this if they were true friends.

You should not feel terrible. You did not hurt him. He hurt himself. It was his reaction that effected him.

So in my eyes and what I gather from the post. Anybody that has a nervous break down as you call it needs help but none that you can provide.

Joe

Feb 8, 2007, 01:26 PM
    There's more. This week has been just my stupidity week. After I posted that question on this site, later that night I was talking to him again, and he was just so miserable that I got fed up with him. I didn't really hate him for it, but I was tired and made another huge mistake. I thought if he was the type to get jealous easily, which I knew he was, then I would ask [girl] out, and maybe knock some sense into him to try to get her back. But here's the problem: it wanst just to get him mad. I gues I kind of liked [girl] too, and really did want to go out wit her. So I asked her, but she said no. and I have no problem with that, cause rite after I asked her I realized what a big mistake I had made, cause now I had put her in an awkward position, what with two guys fighting over her. Now I feel even worse.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 01:58 PM
    First of all, she did not like your friend. Right?

She did not want to go out with you, right?

So how is there any fighting? Am I Not understanding something here.

This friend was not dedicated to nobody. So why would he be mad and why would there be any jealousy?

Your over reacting as far as I can tell.

Joe

Feb 8, 2007, 02:32 PM
    OK, before any of this chaos started, h ewas telling me how in love with this girl he was and complaining about how he could never ask her out for fear of rejection. I was talking to him, trying to boost his confidence, right? Then somehow, overnight, he just broke down, and instead of complaining about his lack of self-esteem, he started complaining about how his entire life was screwed up, and that he didn't like this girl anymore, and it just got sadder and sadder. I wouldn't normally do this, but the change was so drastic that I lost all patience, and I gave up trying to help him. I had previously sworn that I wouldn't ask the girl out, cause it would be a cruel thing to do do my friend. But I just snapped and lost all willpower to resist the temptation, and I broke my promise. When he finds out, that's when the real chaos will start. And remember my other friend, who got mad for no reason at me? Well, now he will have a reason, when he finds out that I betrayed one of his best friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

Slow Close Down [ 2 Answers ]

My computer takes ages to close down and I don't know why Also, when I am on a page, and I open another page, it takes time to open, or it gives me an error "page cannot be displayed"... any ideas

Will they ever close up? [ 4 Answers ]

Currently, I have 7 piercings in my ears. I have my first ones done when I was 8 and they were crooked (they never closed up from me poking earrings through them), so I had them re-pierced at 10 and they are also crooked. My second ones were pierced at 12 and one of those is crooked, and my third...

Girlfriend best friend is a guy,one of my close friends [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem with my friend. He has a girlfriend who is best friends with my girlfriend.And... My girlfriend helps my friend out all the time... but I'm worried that they will fall for each other and will start their own relationship. I told my friend how I felt about this but he says she's the...

Am I close? [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to understand this question and a few others, this is my attempt, am I close or way off base? Thanks for your help in advance! Question 3 Prepare year end adjusting entries for each of the following: 1. Office supplies had a balance of $84 on Jan 1, purchases debited to office supplies...

View more questions Search