Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patunia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 07:26 PM
    lump sum doubles
    If you deposit money today into an account that pays 6.5 percent interest, how long will it take for you to double your money?
    KongTheKonqueror Posts: 75, Reputation: 13

Feb 7, 2007, 08:03 PM
    It depends on how often the interest is compounded. A little over 11 years if compounded once a year. 10 years and 9 months is compounded quarterly. An easy trick to remember is the rule of 72. Divide 72 by the interest rate and that is how long it will take to double your money. It doesn't work in all situations, but without doing TVM calculations, it is the most quick way.
    patunia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Thank you for your help and the tip.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump sum to double-Interest [ 2 Answers ]

If you deposit money today into an account that pays 6.5 percent interest, how long does it take for your money to double?

Lump sum or annutiy [ 5 Answers ]

lump sum or annuity? I am retirring in 6 months, which is the best alternative. I am not a risk taker.

Time for a lump sum to double [ 1 Answers ]

If you deposit money today into an account that pays 6.5 percent interest, how long will it take for you to double our money?

Investing A Lump Sum? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello to you and yours. I am in the process of receiving a low to middle six figure settlement. I am a 30-something, married, and one child. We would like a portion to go directly to a Roth IRA for which we have none, and we want a portion of 25-40 percent to be used as a monthly income for us to...

I need sum help [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, I'm 15 years old, and I started dating this 19 year old about a week ago. Well we decided to go to the movies with a couple friends yesterday. Well when we went we got really close. I ended up giving him a blow job and stuff, and it was my first time ever doing anything but making out.. I...

View more questions Search