Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vfox18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 07:31 PM
    optimization precalculus?
    A builder wishes to construct a warehouse with a square front and a volume of 500 cubic meters. Find a formula in terms of x for the total construction cost C(x) of the warehouse.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2011, 09:48 PM
    Let x be the side of the square front.

x^2 is the area of the square front.

Let l be the length of the base, then xy is the area of the base.

The total area of the warehouse, for 4 walls and a roof is thus:

The volume of the warehouse is given by

The construction, I assume, is based on the area (amount of concrete or other materials needed). Use the second equation with volume to get the area in terms of x only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Precalculus [ 4 Answers ]

I have no idea how to solve this! It's about Verifying trigonometric identities. Here's the problem: 1 divided by 1+tanx = cotx divided by 1+cotx

1 Precalculus Optimization Q and 1 Geometric Sequence Q [ 5 Answers ]

I have tried both of these, but cannot seem to get answers. I get at least one negative dimension for the first geometric sequence problem, which would be impossible and render the question having no solution. However, I am pretty sure there is indeed a required solution. For the next question I...

Precalculus optimization [ 1 Answers ]

A container manufacturing company has been contracted to design and manufacture cylindrical cans for juice. The volume of each can is to be 0.170 liters. In order to minimize production costs, the company wishes to design a can that requires the smallest amount of material possible. What should...

Precalculus - optimization [ 1 Answers ]

A cylindrical container costs $2.00 per square foot for the sides and $3.00 a square foot for the top and bottom. The container must hold 100 cubic feet of material. What are the dimensions of the most economical container.

View more questions Search