Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acshay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Graphing amplitude and period of sine and cosine functions!
    How do I graph amplitude and period of sine and cosine functions? I know how to find the amp. And per. but I cannot figure out how to put it on a graph!
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Feb 19, 2007, 09:11 AM
    The amplitude is the maximum value the function will return. The peak of the sin or cos function will have this y value.
    The period is how often the function will repeat. Every 1 period the function will go through 1 entire cycle.
    I'm not entirely sure what your question is. If you understand these concepts what is giving you trouble?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graphing Linear Equation [ 3 Answers ]

I need some assistance on a question could someone please help? Here is the question in the book. Do the points (3, -4) (18, 6) and (9, 0) all lie on the same line? If so what is the equation of the line. I looked in the answer section the answer is yes and the equation is 2x-3y=18 I do not...

How do I do amlplitude/period of sine/cosine functions [ 1 Answers ]

how do i do? Amlplitude and period of sine and cosine functions y=-1/3sin(2x) (if u can put a graph for me and explain it)

Graphing [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 questions I need help with . 1) Draw a sketch of each of the following equations. Be sure to label all appropriate points. These are separate equations. A) .2x - .5y = -.3 B) 1/6x + 1/5 = -1 C) 1/3x + 1/2y = 2 D) .9 - .1y = 1

View more questions Search