Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pugasaurus Posts: 65, Reputation: -4

Nov 8, 2011, 03:13 PM
    Did the original super nintendo just have a lower resolution itself?
    I played super Nintendo on wii and everything looks a tad bit blurry. I have this game on an emulator on my laptop and the emulator shows every pixel very blocky. My guess is that the reason why a Super Nintendo looks blurry is that is has lower resolution than seeing it on an emulator with better screens and newer technology. What are your thoughts?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2011, 03:25 PM
    Do you have a HDTV? This can allow you to set the Wii to a sharper video setting.

If you are using standard/composite cables (red, yellow, white) you can only receive 480i as a default. With the Wii you can purchase component cables for the Wii (green, blue, red, and red/white audio) so that you can set the Wii to 480p. Still standard, but it can give you an enhanced and sharper picture.

Computer monitors are always projected in a higher resolution which makes it sharper and blocky. Televisions are moving in that direction, but lower resolution is still common.
    pugasaurus Posts: 65, Reputation: -4

Nov 8, 2011, 06:03 PM
    Yes I'm playing SUPER MARIO ALL STARS on an HD TV. It still looks blurry and I even got a Wii HD composite cable plugged into the TV to bring the pixels out sharper. Emulators however don"t look blurry and all the pixels are shown extremely clear and smooth. The fact that you mentioned that an HDTV haven"t gotten to look as good as a computer monitor surprised me. That may be the case. Also I think the Wii itself has a lower resolution than say maybe a PS3. I tried plugging in my N64 on my HDTV and it did not look as sharp as the emulator project64 on my laptop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did the original Super nintedno have any filters like the emulators they have nowadays [ 3 Answers ]

Im wondering if the super Nintendo had any filters applied like ZSNES or SNES9x? Also should I enable the blur filter to make it look like a Standard TV or leave everything default?

Super Nintendo Value [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there I'm new to this but anyway, I currently own a N64 in great condition along with Battle Tanx, Paper Mario, Pokemon Snap ad South Park. Anyway I NEED some money to buy some equipment for my fish tank and etc so I just wanted to know how much the N64 in great condition along with three...

Old super nintendo priceing trouble [ 8 Answers ]

How much is a old super nintedo worth with about 30 games to go with it??

View more questions Search