Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ladyluis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Telephone ethics as customer service
    1. What is the best way of answering the call specially answering the customer over the
    Phone?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyluis
    1. what is the best way of answering the call specially answering the customer over the
    phone?
    The best why I know to speak with a customer is to use their formal name i.e. "'Hello, Mrs. Lightweight, this is Judy from CJ Car sales", Customers want to feel their business is important to you as well it should, especially if their having problems, paying for instance, If they yell at you, actually lower your voice when answering them, then they are forced # 1 to listen to what your saying and #2 a calming voice may make them feel more at ease. It'll become second nature to you after a few tries, but always speak clearly and professionally, and know exactly what you want to say beforehand!:cool:
    MNNEPAL27 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Here is another way if doing it.

" Thank you for calling ( company) this is ( your name) how may I assist you ( client's name)?

That is really easy too. I use it all the time.
    MEENU93 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyluis
    1. what is the best way of answering the call specially answering the customer over the
    phone?

" Hello Good morning/evening; customer,Tell me your problem related to the product..What service I can give for you.I shall try my best to solve your problem."
    (answer patiently)... Don't forget to contact me through my no:whenever my service is needed... Thank you!

(close)
    Suseelan Sadasivan Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 11:16 PM
    The Standard Response , is , "" Thanks for Calling XYZ company. This is ABC( your name ) , How may I help you ?.

If you know who is calling you from your system , it is always better to address the customer by name.

eg. Good Morning , Mr / Mrs...... " This is ABC ( your name). How may I help you?

Alternately , you can also say " Good Morning Mr/Mrs...... " Officer ABC ( name ) at your service "

If your system is one where you have the customer details as date of birth , wedding anniversary etc, at the instance the call reaches you , It would be Excellent if you delight the customer by Wishing him on his birthday , Anniversary . We call this Customer Delight .

There are companies who capture these details , but rarely use them.( Wouldn't you be surprised and pleased , if you were greeted , when you call a call centre.)

You never know , a customer about to blow up may well cool down .

It has been my observation that , the greeting is always loud and clear , but then the name is hushed up or unclear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Telephone ethics [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for FREE telephone ethics for a customer service department. Ex: how to answer the phone, how to end a phone call, what to avoid... If you have any information, please let me know Thank you for your help, Patrick

Customer Service telephone ethics [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for a general telephone etchics for a customer service department. Ex: How to answer the phone, How to ask questions, How to end a call, What to avoid... If you can help me I will really appreciate Thanlk you for your help! Patrick :)

Telephone Ethics [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking for a Telephone Ethics for a Service company of Mobile phones. EX. How to answer a call, How to end a call, How to handle Irate customers ,what to avoid, etc. Thanks for your prompt respones.

Customer Service Letter [ 1 Answers ]

I have to write a letter apologizing to a customer... the customer received a counterfeit $50 bill at one of our stores. She thinks it came from our store but left the store before determination of the fake money. She wants a letter stating that there is nothing we can do about the problem so that...

Customer Service Stories [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for great customer service stories for a talk I am designing on the subject, and possibly an article as well. Anyone have a story they'd like to share?

View more questions Search