Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlthatissorry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 09:09 AM
    I Stole from an employer years ago, but never heard more about it
    I got caught 7 years ago for stealing from an employer. Two men from the company sat me in a room and scared me completely and I broke down and admitted the crime. They made me state in writing I would pay it back but asked to wait on payment until further verification on where to send the payments. The next day I was let go and never heard from them again. Now when I fill out applications and I get asked if I have been convicted of crimes, I am not sure what to answer. I feel terrible. I was younger and used poor judgement. What should I do?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2011, 09:32 AM
    If you have never been to court for this.. you can answer in all honesty, that you have never been convicted of it. Its only a conviction if you are found guilty at a trial, or you plead guilty in front of a judge.
    sniper65 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Nov 17, 2011, 04:32 AM
    You should write that you don't have crime records because if you had one you would have been called to court for once of course
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 07:48 AM
    Two men in a back room scaring you ( although it may work very well) is not conviction, A conviction is where the police are called, you are arrested or given a summons to report to court. You go to court and are convicted or plead guilty.

So no there is no conviction of any crime on your record.

Now on the moral side, you need to go back to that store, and pay them the money you owe them. It will help clear your mind of this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am looking for a dance tune I heard about 2/3 years ago. [ 0 Answers ]

Alls I can tell you is that the start of the tune is a bit of a mash up of quite a few massive dance tunes, including Where Love Lives - Alison Limerick. I know its not much to go on but that's all I've got I'm afraid. Sorry!

I live in NH (no income tax) My employer transferred me to MA about 5 years ago. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in NH (no income tax) My employer transferred me to MA about 5 years ago. At the time of transfer I was told they would not have to deduct taxes or they would compensate me for the difference. They never deducted anything. Now I believe I am going to be fired and will need to collect...

Stole from employer [ 5 Answers ]

I was caught stealing money from my job. The number they reported to the police was 6 times the amount. Is this legal? Won't this affect my bond. Don't they have to prove the amount first?

What to do if you stole from an Employer? [ 15 Answers ]

Today I was caught stealing money over a course of two months in transactions I have never been in trouble before or stole from my employer before this and only ever had than a speeding ticket. The only reason I can think that I did it was for the money. I never stole anything in my life except for...

Song I heard years ago [ 5 Answers ]

I remember watching this pop/rock/punkish song on much (canadian mtv) when I was 4-ish. It went something like this: "..and i don't know how far you go...blahblahblahblah blah-blahblah american psycho.." at that moment the video featured a spiky bleached blonde haired guy singing/screaming...

View more questions Search