Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertjag Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 08:37 AM
    Tiling a bathroom
    I am doing a bathroom over I will be tiling the walls from floor to ceiling and the floor which do I do first the walls or the floor? Also which side of the durock do I tile on?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 8, 2011, 10:35 AM
    You would do the walls first so you will get a perfect grout line along the perimeter. Install the cement board with the printing showing out so you can read it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiling a bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a bathroom over I would like to know which do I tile first the floor or the walls? Also which side of the durock do I tile to?

Bathroom tiling [ 2 Answers ]

When tiling a bathroom floor and walls what do you grout first the floor or the walls

Tiling bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

I have tiled bathroom walls and now have decided to do around top of shower. This is already drywalled do I need to take down and use different backerboard?

Bathroom re-tiling [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Due to a leak deep inside my studio coop / apt. my toilet had to be removed. I am taking this opportunity to replace the tile on the floor and possibly along all of the walls. The bathroom is small but the contractor is, I feel, being forced on me by the super of the building. How much...

Tiling Bathroom Wall [ 11 Answers ]

We are ready to start to lay the 10x16 tile in our bathroom. We have been trying to figure out where to start. My husband is worried about getting the grout lines with the inside tub wall and skirting around the tub lining up. We have been trying since 8 this morning to figure out how to do it...

View more questions Search