Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 07:40 AM
    Keyboard keys type wrong letter?
    The keyboard on my laptop suddenly started typing "t5" for "t" or "y6" for "y". Sometimes it just drops the t and y and only types 5 or 6. No other keys are doing this. Was working on a project when it just started. No food or drink nearby (so no spills). Any thoughts on it? Thank you
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 8, 2011, 07:44 AM
    Makes sure your num lock is turned OFF for starters.
    Nicky500 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2011, 04:37 PM
    If I doesn't work you can maybe get one pretty cheap

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard keys type numbers not letters [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to correct the keyboard typing the numbers under the letters. Help

Keyboard problems wrong keys [ 1 Answers ]

My keyboard on the labtop, suddenly type wrong. M=0, p=-,k=2, and non of the numbers work

Non-letter keys on keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I had my PC reformatted after a virus attack; now it seems that, apart of letters, most keys on keyboard are mixed up, say I type " and get @, and the other way round. Kindly help. Someone told me "Go to Control panel... Regional and Lanuage settings and set it to the country you are...

Keyboard keys in wrong place [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I want to insert the @ symbol I have to press "Shift & the 2 button". The symbol above the 2 key shows is " But if I press the key that has the @ symbol it prints the " symbol. How do I change the settings to correct this?

Pc keyboard keys wrong [ 1 Answers ]

My hp compaq nc6220 has wrong keys - to get a @ you type " and vice versa for example. I followed all the steps in a previous thread on this subject and note that when I go into device manager>hardware>keyboard and expand it, the only entry is "quick launch buttons" i.e. no device is specified. Can...

View more questions Search