Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    llounsbury Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Single Member LLC filed wrong form?
    I'm helping my husband do his taxes this year. He has a new business formed as a single member LLC in 2005. His tax preparer filed form 1065 for 2005. I understand that this should be file on Schedule C. Is that correct? If they did in fact file the wrong form for 2005, what do we have to do now?
    IntlTax Posts: 831, Reputation: 23
    Tax Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 08:04 PM
    As long as your husband picked up 100% of the income in 2005, then I would leave that year as is. For 2006, all of the LLC's income and deductions should be shown on schedule C of Form 1040.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 12:30 AM
    The K-1 from the partnership return (Form 1065) should be reported on Schedule E.

IntlTax has a point. Who was your husband's partner in 2005?
    llounsbury Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 08:27 AM
    He did pick up 100% of the income on schedule E. So, I guess I should go with Intltax's suggestion?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 03:06 PM
    That's I would do!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in NJ work in NY W2 filed wrong [ 7 Answers ]

In 2003 my payroll company made a mistake and withheld taxes for NJ, not NY. When I filed my state taxes I filed them as if the W2 was correct. Paying balances to both states with my returns. Last year NY sent me a bill for the W2 withholdings sent to NJ. I called NJ and they sent the W2...

F1 student, what form should have been filed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student (F1) for 2005 have filed 1040 instead of 1040NR, is it possible that I can still receive my refund for Social Security and Medicare? I would appreciate your help.

Filed return with photo copy form 4852(sub W-2)? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys. I have not received my W-2 form,because I am living abroad. I've tried to contact my employer,but he did not send the W-2 to my home country. I filed 1040NR with form 4852 which is sub W-2. The problem is that I send my State return with a photo copy of form 4852. Is there any problem...

Filed wrong form [ 9 Answers ]

I'm a j1 student doing hospitality training right now. I filed 1040ez instead of 1040nr. I didn't know about that at all. What should I do? I filed tax return year in 2002 as well. But I don't know if I did right or wrong Because that time I received $3. my friend filed it for me. I was on F-1...

View more questions Search