Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LRSV38 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2004, 04:22 PM
    Firefox question about the "tabbed browsing"
    I recently started using Firefox browser, unfortunately, I messed around with customizing it and somehow It does not do the "tabbed browsing" feature.
    I lost it and cannot find where to fix it.
    I did delete the program, the Firefox and reinstalled it hoping it would go back to the default settings, but no, all my changes were still there .
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Oct 28, 2004, 05:18 PM
    Hmm... I'm not sure how you managed to do that, but if you delete your Firefox profile directory, your configuration will be erased and Firefox will go back to the default (working) settings.

This directory will be randomly named, and located in

$HOME/.mozilla/firefox (linux)

or

%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ (windows NT/2000/XP)
    (%AppData% is usually C:\Documents and Settings\[Your user name]\Application Data

or

C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ (windows 9x/ME)

For more information:
    http://texturizer.net/firefox/edit.html

Have fun
    ~psi42
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2004, 08:47 PM
    Hello fellow FF user
    Some times in ones life we have to admit defeat to the tabbed browser god,
    But not today.

Are you saying that when you were done with a tab you just closed it right or did you open a web page then you wanted to see another page and you opened a new tab to vew said web page right?

You see tabs are used for viewing other pages while keeping the page you started with, and when you turn off your PC or what ever god you worship, the tabs go bie bie they are not stored in memory.

Try this right click on any link you see... how about the top right hand corner of this page... your see "ads by goooooooooogle"? Right click and pick "open link in new tab" this will make the page jump and if you look next to "aske me for help desk - ?" tab you should see "ads by google" tab right next to it on the 3rd or 4th tab down form the top of your screen.

You see the tab you picked sometime won't appear unless we click on it and if your still having troubl up grade to FF 1.0 its far superior to the others and some security issuse have been addressed.

Well lots of luck
    I hope I didn't insult your ineligence.

MAGIKPOO... Smells GREAT!
    LRSV38 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2004, 11:15 PM
    I just reinstalled the program, it's good , I just didn't take the 5 minutes to explo
    I just reinstalled the program, it's good , I just didn't take the 5 minutes to
    Explore the browser.
    azores88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 07:17 PM
    I could not right click and get the option to open or open in new tab or open in new eindow, so i went to firefax add on and installed a program from add on firefox called
    Tabberwocky 1.1
    By frank yan

And now all is well again with the right click on my mouse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Firefox toolbar customizaton: "flexible space" [ 1 Answers ]

Nothing in Help for the "flexible space"... I thought if I put one in there, I could stretch it to be as wide as I like... but it does not stretch. All it really is is a skinny space. What exactly is the flexible space and how do I use it? Thanks!

Windows & Firefox: Right Click "Open With" Option [ 5 Answers ]

Been mostly using FF this year but some sites don't play well - and some impossible. I've got shortcuts to these sites on my desktop. I'd really love to "designate" them as IE shortcuts so that they'll open with IE if I click on them. ... but if this is not possible, I'd like to at least...

Firefox toolbar settings suddenly aren't "sticking" [ 5 Answers ]

For some reason, starting just yesterday, my toolbar settings are are lost every time I shut it down. I've not added any plugins or changed anything with FF. Weird. Any clues what could cause this? Thanks!

View more questions Search