Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2011, 04:14 AM
    Ceramic Tile Cutter
    Looks like Home Depot and Lowe's will not cut one piece of ceramic tile for me.
    15”x 3”. They have two inexpensive ceramic tile cutter 1 is only $12.00 makes cuts
    Up to 12” long and ½ thick. The other one cost $20.00 and cuts to 15 ¾ 5/8 thick.
    The whole tile is 12x12. I wonder if these machines would work?

See picture.
    Attached Images

pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2011, 04:22 AM
    Looks like Home Depot and Lowe's will not cut one piece of ceramic tile for me.
    15”x 3”. They have two inexpensive ceramic tile cutter 1 is only $12.00 makes cuts
    Up to 12” long and 1/2 thick. The other one cost $20.00 and cuts to 15 5/8 thick.
    The whole tile is 12x12. I wonder if these machines would work??

See picture.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2011, 11:13 AM
    These cutters will work fine on straight cuts. To make an L shaped cut it u would need a wet saw which u can rent from either store. U will also need ceramic nippers.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ceramic Tile [ 2 Answers ]

I need to cut 1 ceramic tile 15" long.Home depot or lowes will not do it. I could buy a inexpensive tile cutter for $20.00. I have a lot of saws. 7 1/4 circular saw but the blade is for wood. Have a 10" miter saw, blade only cuts wood. Also I a have a 4 1/2" angle grinder with a masonry wheel. ...

Remove black tile adhesive before ceramic tile [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on installing new ceramic tile on the slab floor in my dining room. After removing a couple of layers of carpet and disintegrated padding, the only thing left is a thin coating of black tile adhesive from a previous tile job. (I'm taking into account the possibility of the presence of...

Can I tile over existing ceramic tile? [ 1 Answers ]

I have two rather small bathrooms which have mud set 1x1 porcelin tile floors. The house was built in 1972 and these are original floors, in excellent condition. There are no loose tiles or any cracks. I used a 4 ft level to check the level in several directions and the worst case is 1//8 inch...

Ceramic tile over self adhesive vinyl tile work? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small bathroom with self-adhesive vinyl tile on the floor. Can I put ceramic tile over this vinyl tile?

Drilling into Ceramic Tile [ 11 Answers ]

How does one drill into ceramic tile without cracking the tile?

View more questions Search