Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amor35 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 11:48 PM
    Do i need to stop or continue fighting for my love?
    I have a 35 year old boyfriend and I'm still 24. Our relationship lasted for 2 years and 3 months but within that span, I can say that we were together for only a month. We didn't see each other for 2 years. He left our country for work before I did but during the time we were together, we were very intimate. We planned to get married after my 2 years contract from work. We already inform our families about the plan. He always send mails and called me but there was a time when I barely replied to his messages. We also chat if we have time. I love him but I didn't show how much I love him because of my trauma from my past relationship. I never failed to show him my love but I was holding back. I was also a sweet girlfriend since that's my real personality that he even noticed it. He loved me so much that whatever I ask, if he can do it, he will. I was spoiled like a child from that love and promises and always argue with him. It became a habit that when he did something I don't like, I started fighting with him. Before I realized it, it was already too late. We had an argument that I even asked him for break up but after several minutes I asked for his forgiveness and I took back that break up. During that time, he's already in our country and as agreed will be waiting for me for 2 months for me to come home for our planned wedding is after 2 months after I will be home. I thought everything was fine until he asked me if we could still be happy with our relationship. He then told me that we will call off the wedding since we were always arguing and maybe we don't understand each other. I was always calling him and ask for forgiveness for what I did and told him how much I love him but it was too late since he told me that he has another girlfriend. I let him choose but he can't. He told me that he cannot say that he love this girl and still telling me that he love me. He told me that they were getting close since he vented his problems with her. I begged for him to leave that girl but he told me that what if he will leave that girl and I will still messed up with our relationship he will just keep on crying. I promised to control myself and will prove it when I come home. I asked for 1 last chance for me to prove to him that I love him so much, that I'm willing to do everything just for him. He told me that he will wait for me but still he didn't break up with his another girl which is 2 years younger than I am. It's really hard and painful for me since I know I'm obviously largely at fault. People around me keep on telling me to stop since I already did everything. I keep on asking for forgiveness, begged for our relationship to work out fine that I even lost everything; my pride, myself esteem, my dignity and even maybe my love for myself. I love him too much that I can't handle it if I lose him. I know I've taken him for granted and that I realized how much I value him when this situation happened. We didn't broke up and I'm still trying to hold on but things are different now. He still keep on saying he loves me but he didn't reply any of my text messages but still answering my phone call. My plan is I will keep fighting for my love until I'll be home and prove to him that I really love him that I can change my attitude of always starting a fight which I know I can.
    Am I doing the right thing? Am I making the right choice and decision? Do I have to stop like everybody is telling me or keep on fighting which I really want? I really don't want to lose him. I love him so much. Please help me. Thank you for reading my boring story.
    amor35 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 12:00 AM
    I forgot to mention that I asked about him if he can handle my attitude towards him that I kept on starting fights and he said yes and he accepted me for who I am. He even promised that he meant it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fianc? And I can't stop fighting. Now he has cold feet. [ 4 Answers ]

This is such a long story, so I'll try to condense it as much as I can. We have been together for almost 4 years, and it's been a Long Distance Relationship the entire time we've been together (he lives 150mi away--a 3 hour drive)since I've gone to college--I'm about to graduate within the...

Two dogs fighting, how do I make them stop? [ 1 Answers ]

I have two yorkies... one four year old that I've had since a puppy, the other I took in after my niece found it and couldn't find the owner, she is 3 years old (so the vet says)she came in heat about a month after I got her so we had her fixed, the older dog was fixed at around six months... ever...

Very confused, stop all contact or continue? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, Since this is my first post let me introduce myself. I am Hristian from Croatia and I am 18 years of age. Well my problem is the following. I dated a girl for a month, I liked her very much (the first one I treated very very well) but we broke up. The reason was that she was just out of...

When do you stop fighting for someone you love so much it hurts to breathe [ 2 Answers ]

When do you stop 'fighting' for someone you love? How do you know when to give up? I am so much in love with a gentleman, and he's the best thing that ever happened to me, he's perfect (for me). I love him so very much. And he tells me at times that he misses me and still loves me, even when...

How do you stop the fighting? [ 11 Answers ]

I’m a single mother of two boys, 10 and 9. I was separated from my ex for three years; the divorce was just made final at the beginning of the year. It was nasty and hard on the three of us but we got through it. Their father has not been around—he has only seen them a handful of times in the...

View more questions Search