Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 08:28 PM
    Horrible picture on TV
    I just purchased a new SMART Samsung TV and the cable company delivered a cable box. The problem is the picture quality is horrible. The picture looks like the one you get when you watch a sports video replay on a cell phone like nfl mobile. Is it most likely the cable box? Can I do something to improve the picture quality? The other tv's in my house get great HD reception-clear as a bell. (I noticed the box they delivered is NOT one of the newer models they have.)
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2011, 07:04 PM
    The model is unlikely the case. The connection is most likely the reason the picture looks bad. Make sure the box is connected with an HDMI cable to the TV. Don't use the RF (coax) connection or any of the others. Ensure the TV is on the right input. And make sure you are on the HD channels.

If your box does not have HDMI, use the component video (red, green, blue RCA cables).
    pugasaurus Posts: 65, Reputation: -4

Nov 7, 2011, 07:32 PM
    Are the settings to the cable in the correct slots to your monitor?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2011, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pugasaurus View Post
    Are the settings to the cable in the correct slots to your monitor?
    I'm not sure if you're asking if the OP has their TV on the correct input, or what. I understand English may not be your first language, but try to be a little more clear. Also, I already told the OP to make sure the TV is on the correct input.

However, it's also possible you are trying to tell the OP to make sure the resolution settings of their cable box is correct. This is actually a good point also. What make/model cable box do you have OP? Not all cable boxes have access to the resolution settings in the standard settings menu. Some boxes you have to turn them off then press menu, or some other steps might be necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My picture from my camera has lines through it and a red or pink tint to the picture [ 1 Answers ]

When I take a picture from my camera it shows up with lines through it and blurry and it has a red or pink tint to the picture. But when I focus on what I want to take the picture of it looks fine until I go back to look at the picture.

Rihanna is officially lighter then ever Great Picture New Picture [ 16 Answers ]

It does look like the same picture with the same clothes, but somehow, it looks like different lightening. Ironically, She's darker on the picture where she's outside. And the one when she's inside clearly shows a significant bleaching. ...

Phillips 55"projection TV picture is horrible. [ 2 Answers ]

We just purchased a 8yr old Phillips 55"projectin TV from a friend, once we moved it to our house the picture is horrible. Looks like a bright light on the screen and the colors are all out of order. We've tried adjusting everything like the manual says and nothing works. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search