Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kholloway Posts: 67, Reputation: 8

Feb 7, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Getting an ultrasound.
    Is there a way that you can go some place just to get an u/s? I really like my doctor and I don't want to go behind his back, but he only does an u/s at 20weeks. I'm 12 weeks and there is a possibility I might be having twins and I would really like to know for sure. I don't know if I can go to an ER and get one done or not.. but my husband and I really want to do an u/s to see if it's one or two babies and my doctor won't budge on it. Any ideas?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 03:45 PM
    K,

You can ask your doctor to refer you to have an independent ultrasound. Just understand that your insurance may not cover it. Many doctors today only do one or two ultrasounds during pregnancies that are considered normal because that is all most insurances pay for.

If he does not believe you are having twins or he does not think there are complications then he has to go by what the insurance company dictates.

What you need to do is be open and honest with your OB, discuss your concerns with him.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 05:03 PM
    You can always seek a second opinion as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

21 Week Ultrasound [ 2 Answers ]

I Wanted To Know I Got An Ultrasound At 21 Weeks Of Pregnancy And They Told Me It Was A Boy For Sure , Is There Any Chance That It Could Be A Mistake, Is There A Chance It Could Be A Girl.

Ultrasound gender accuracy [ 2 Answers ]

I had an ultrasound at 12 weeks and was told it was a boy then another at 18 weeks and was told it was a boy again what are the chances of being a girl. Should I have another ultrasound? Also have you heard of the draino test? Is it accurate

20 week ultrasound. [ 17 Answers ]

I went in for my lvl 2 u/s today and everything is looking great. The twins are weighing in at 10oz each. I've gained a total of 9lbs although I've lost two. We managed to find out the sexes today although they weren't as coperative as I had hoped for. It looks like we're having a boy(definately)...

View more questions Search