Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trewert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 02:59 AM
    Ask a nurse online free australia?
    OK I had a toenail injury a few months back while playing soccer. Basically my toe was bruised and tender and the blood underneath became black. Now my black toenail is falling off and a new toe is growing underneath. However the left tip of my old toe is still alive and connected to the toe while the rest is dead and so I cannot peel the nail off. However there is a putrid smell coming from the dead blood that has been under my toe for a few months and I'm worried it will spread infection if I don't remove the dead toenail. What do I do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trewert View Post
    ok i had a toenail injury a few months back while playing soccer. basically my toe was bruised and tender and the blood underneath became black. now my black toenail is falling off and a new toe is growing underneath. however the left tip of my old toe is still alive and connected to the toe while the rest is dead and so i cannot peel the nail off. however there is a putrid smell coming from the dead blood that has been under my toe for a few months and I'm worried it will spread infection if i don't remove the dead toenail. what do i do?
    I hope you mean the toenail only here, because you make it sound like the whole toe is falling off! If only toenail is concerned, and if there is a bad smell that means infection. You will have to have old toenail taken off surgically and old blood cleaned out. Not a Big deal, they freeze the toe first. Get yourself to doctor ASAP.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a nurse online free? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 8 years old son approx 100 lbs. he has been sick for a day and half. His temperature is 103.7. we have been giving him children's tylenol. Any other recommendations

Ask a nurse online free? [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up this morning and my Right big toe was completely numb - I still can't feel it - I have a history of gout - could this be the cause?

Online ask a nurse free? [ 0 Answers ]

I woke up this morning with a boil like thing under my right nipple and I'm an idiot and poped it... I have been at work all day but put a tissue over it, I just got home removed the tissue and a creamy discharge is gushing out... It's stopped now and is oozing see through stuff :(( what do I do?...

Ask a nurse online for free? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been allot where there are blood clots the size of my finger nail and I have to change my pad ever two hours what should I do?

Ask a nurse online for free? [ 1 Answers ]

Can a lab technician tell if there is something else wrong with you while they are checking your bloods TSH levels?

View more questions Search