Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mercyseat12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2011, 03:48 PM
    Part of my tooth came off whilst eating?
    I was eating a soft pork pie and I bit something really hard looks like part of a tooth by tooth felt was already a bit chipped so I can't tell if it's that but anyway I don't or had any pain in my tooth should I see my dentist?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2011, 04:10 PM
    I would. I chipped out a moderate sized piece and they used a bonded acrylic overlay that has lasted 6 years.
    Gryphyn34 Posts: 49, Reputation: 8

Nov 28, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Yes. If you chipped your tooth it could be in a spot which will allow food to get in and then cause a cavity. Your dentist will check and if needed will fill it so nothing can get in the chipped area.
    MetalMouthMedia Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2011, 12:08 AM
    Yes, do see your dentist. At the very least, it should be sealed to prevent decay of exposed areas or possibly the root; it may need an overlay or even a crown. That exact event happened to me; it was in a tooth that had an old filling, and I bit into soft pizza - it had just weakened over the years and that did it.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2011, 06:29 AM
    Well, it was either tooth or a piece of bone from the pork. It would definitely be a good idea to have the dentist take a look. As MMM said it's best to make sure your tooth isn't at risk for decay from the chip.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broke tooth while eating boneless roast lamb [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is a caterer & order a bulk box of boneless lamb for a function. He roasted the lamb then cut some to taste. He bit into a piece and had a lot of pain. He had chewed on a small bone. Rang the dentist, closed on weekends, had to do the function that night. Unfortunately he spat the meat &...

Front tooth broken in half two days back, broken part is with me [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am six years old , two days back I was riding my cycle . I fell down and my front tooth was broken in half. Half broken part is with me. Today is third day. Is there any glue which help to join the two broken parts of my permanent fractured froont tooth. Thanks.

How can I deal with weigh gain as part of my eating disorder recovery? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I deal with weigh gain as part of my eating disorder recovery? I have an Eating disorder for a very very long time and can't seem to fully recover Because of the fear of weight gain and out of control eating . What would you Reccomnd I do? And also how can I deal with the sickness(upset...

My sis's tooth broke while eating. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all! I've got some problem... The tooth of my little sis broke this evening. She has braces and while she was eating, she got the impression that her braces broke. One of the metallic square loose could rotate about the metallic wire. She thought it was only the braces but on closer look, she...

View more questions Search