Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lokeshka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2011, 03:46 AM
    Suggest a material which is bio-compatible [more to follow]
    Sir,
    Suggest a material which is bio-compatible and having a low thermal conductivity and low diffusion rate
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Nov 5, 2011, 08:56 PM
    There are many good candidates. For example, a large variety of ceramic materials would meet the requirements you listed, such as porcelain, alumina, hydroxyapatite, zirconia, etc. These materials typically have very low heat conductivity and diffusion, are usually extremely hard and durable, and can withstand very high temperatures. However, they can also be brittle since they are not flexible. They'd be good for producing a crown for a tooth, for example, but not for making artificial skin.

There are also many synthetic and natural polymers which may meet your thermal conductivity requirements but might require further examination for their diffusion properties. Biocompatible synthetic polymers include various formulations of nylon, low-density polyethylene, silicone, polyester, polyurethane, and a wide variety of fluoropolymers including PTFE (Teflon), FEP, PFA, and ETFE. Natural candidates include collegen, carrageenan, hyaluronic acid, as well as various cellulosic polymers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use Bio-Claire cream,Bio-Oil and Fair & White Exclusive soap at the same time? [ 0 Answers ]

I am wondering, if I can use Bio-Claire cream and pour some Bio Oil in it (to help prevent or reduce any stretch mark that may come), and use the Fair and White Exclusive soap(in the blue box) to shower with. Do you guys think that this will work for me? I`ve tried them on separate occasion, but...

Can I use Bio-Claire cream,Bio-Oil and Fair & White Exclusive soap at the same time? [ 0 Answers ]

I am wondering, if I can use Bio-Claire cream and pour some Bio Oil in it (to help prevent or reduce any stretch mark that may come), and use the Fair and White Exclusive soap(in the blue box) to shower with. Do you guys think that this will work for me? I`ve tried them on separate occasion, but...

Non-bio dad giving non-bio daughter his last name? [ 4 Answers ]

Can the bio mother give the daughter the non bio dads last name without informing the bio father of the child? Bio dad never knew about the child (now 15 yrs.old) until about 3 months ago. The non-bio dad knew he was not the child's father at the time of birth and was not listed on BC. State is...

View more questions Search