Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2011, 04:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post

gosh this is so hard. maybe i should take a break from all the 'church' worries, and just focus on God directly for a while. im sure he wont mind :P
    There you go... :) Focus on that relationship... at some point, perhaps through people you meet, an advertisement, something you read in the paper, etc. you may find other churches that you would like to visit.

You can be committed to God without having to be committed to a church.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2011, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    I have to ask this as its something I do not understand and since we are discussing rules of the muslim faith. How is it that so many lives are taken in the name of Allah and why is it that it appears (to me) that women are not a more prominent figure in the muslim lifestyle?

To me in celebrating Allah (or God) then it seems you would want to celebrate life and all its parts to honor Allah.

Can you help me make sense and understand this thinking?

As a woman and a believer I don't think I am oppressed or less than a man. Islam has different roles for the men and women.

We as women don't have an obligation to look after our brothers,sisters,mothers, husbands,children financially whereas the men has this responsibility of taking care of his sisters, brothers,mothers, wives, children etc.
    This means he has to work and earn, women do not have to earn,but if we want we can and what we earn is ours alone. That is just one of the differences between men and women in Islam.

Those who kill innocent people,will have their due punishment in the Hereafter.

classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2011, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post

I still don't quite get "rightly divide." To me, that's a negative connotation. There has to be a better way to say that. I've been hanging out with church people since before I was born, and had never heard that phrase until you used it.
    The Apostle Paul instructed us to rightly divide it. Certainly I didn't coin the phrase! It was just that little ol apostle that was given the awesome responsibility to write most of the NT. The one that got direct revelation from the resurrected Lord himself. The ONLY apostle that was given the gospel of Grace to preach to the Gentile world. OUR apostle. SO... it isn't negative at ALL. It is proper and the only way to really understand the Bible. It is about context, dividing who it is written directly to as well as who wrote it. Grace writing verses the Law. The gospel of the Kingdom vs Paul's gospel of Grace. Peter and the 12 didn't fully understand Paul's gospel. This is why Peter called Paul's writings hard to understand. This is why you don't get the same terminology in Peter, James, Jude and John. Thus the instructions to" rightly divide the word of truth". Just saying

Jennie,

didn't mean to hijack but wanted to explain myself to WG. The deal is, Christianity isn't a religion. It is a relationship with the creator. It isn't about rules, regulations or being good and working to get God's approval. The Father is completely satisfied with the Lord Jesus and his work on the cross. When we accept him as our savior and the ONLY way to the Father we become just as if we had never sinned in God's eyes. Just as God poured out his wrath on Jesus Christ and he became SIN for us, ( although he never sinned) we become PERFECT in Christ, although we sin. It is the greatest exchange. Jesus became sin and took the punishment meant for us, we get perfection. What a deal. Why would anyone want to go backwards and pick up a religion?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 5, 2011, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    The Apostle Paul instructed us to rightly divide it.
    But St. Paul wrote those words to St. Timothy specifically, not to the congregation in general.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2011, 09:00 AM
    WG.

LOL... you make me laugh when you argue this stuff. Ha ha ha. :) Okie dokie... Timmy was the only one that needed to rightly divide the word of truth! My bad. :D

Paul instructed Timothy concerning the Chruch. Timothy also taught the Church. Paul instructed him how the assembly or Church should run. It is a book written to Timothy but it was written for the Church as well. AND so I feel I can totally say Paul was speaking directly to ME when he said these words to Timothy :

However, avoid pointless discussions... 2 Timothy 2:16

Again, Jennie.. sorry for the hijack. WG and I do this frequently. We usually agree to disagree. :)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 5, 2011, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    As a woman and a believer I dont think I am oppressed or less than a man. Islam has different roles fo the men and women.

This means he has to work and earn, women do not have to earn,but if we want we can and what we earn is ours alone. That is just one of the differences between men and women in Islam.

Ok I had never heard that before about being allowed. Which brings me to my next question. Isn't it written somewhere that the woman must ask for permission even when just leaving the house for errands?

Im not trying to pick things apart nor pick on you. Im just wondering where the dividing lines are.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2011, 10:58 AM
    No worries classy :) talk about whatever you like in this discussion!

Calif, I think (firmbeliever correct me if I am wrong) you may be confusing Islam with the culture of middle east countries. They are very different.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 5, 2011, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    No worries classy :) talk about whatever you like in this discussion!

Calif, I think (firmbeliever correct me if i am wrong) you may be confusing Islam with the culture of middle east countries. they are very different.
    No jenny they aren't. That is what most people think also.

Ref:

The Rules for Muslim Women | eHow.com

Women in Islam

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does he like me or just friendly [ 3 Answers ]

I met this guy in shop ( he was a Volunteer) anyway he noticed me right away when walked in he came over and asked if I had been to the concert was wearing a band t shirt)h esaid he was there anyway we spoke for a while I saw him again the other day he came right over talking asking if I had been...

Member discussion [ 15 Answers ]

DATING. After many years of trail and error I found my way out of the dating game,I've dated them all! The gooding looking bad boy types,the players,the mama's boys and the 'he's just too nice' guys. Ive done the internet dating sites ( I used to be a serial dating site logger ...

The God discussion. [ 45 Answers ]

At my work place there are certain individuals including myself that are discussion God and all aspects of God. The thing is this one person is a non believer, is angry and mad at God. Now he is open to debating and discussing but at what point does a Christian stop explaining or stop debating or...

View more questions Search