Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avparrivas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 07:36 PM
    I live in manila now but I receive a subpoena what should I do?
    I live in manila now but my parents receive a subpoena for me back in my province.. what should I do?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by avparrivas View Post
    i live in manila now but my parents receive a subpoena for me back in my province.. what should i do?
    I don't know much about Philippine law, but I suspect that the rules on service of subpoenas require that it actually be served on you, as opposed to your parents. So the service might not be good.

In any event, I am guessing that travel between your parents' province and Manilla is expensive and time consuming. Contact the lawyer or other person who arranged the subpoena and explain the problem. See if they can foot the bill for travel expenses. If they are not willing to work with you, move that the subpoena be quashed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I receive SSDI. Can I still receive my 15 yo daughter's check if I sign over custody? [ 8 Answers ]

I receive SSDI for myself and my 15 YO daughter. I just signed a court agreement to give her father custodial rights. She recently moved in with her father. Can I still receive her payments, or does he have the right to get her checks. What happens if it is not reported?

How will I study here in manila without even a money? [ 1 Answers ]

Good day,I'm working here in Manila,as an Administrative Assistant in a Private Company.I want to have more Knowledge about my work.Im undergraduate,and the main question here is " Where can i study here in Manila,i don't have enough money for that and i reallly want to study, can you pleasa help...

Can my taxes refund be garnish if I receive cash aid asistance I haven't receive no le [ 1 Answers ]

If I receive cash aid asistance in California does my baby daddy have to pay it back with taxes refund even dough they haven't notify me about any outsatnding balance??

Looking for accommodation in Manila, Philippines [ 1 Answers ]

I will be travelling to Manila in the Philippines in June and July, and am looking for inexpensive accommodation. I want to avoid staying in a hotel, and the condo rentals I have seen is way to expensive for me to afford. Can anybody help?

View more questions Search