Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tinker.Tinker Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Vaginal Tear
    Hi, everyone!

I'm 26 and I met my boyfriend almost 3 years ago. He has unusually thick penis- and the first time we had sex I could really feel it that is was massive. After some time I decided not to see him again because my vagina was in so much pain- every time we had sex it felt like a razor blade was cutting my vaginal opening. We still ended up together. And finally after about 6 months together, I randomly, decided to grab a mirror and have a look down there.
    What I saw was quite shocking! When you spread your inner lips, you can see where the inner lips are connected to inside of your vagina- on one side, I had a long tear and that bit was hanging and it really looked odd. It would get irritated every time we had sex, unless I was extremely aroused- then it didn't hurt.

Now, 2 years later- I still have that tear, it doesn't hurt anymore but it doesn't "glue" back together. Has anyone else had that happen to them? Should I just learn to live with it and get stitches after I have my kids?

It's seems very unusual for me, as when women give birth, they tend to normally tear towards the anus on the outside (perineum?), and not like my cut.

Does anyone know what could have been the possible cause for it?

Thank you for your answers in advance.
    katie1954 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2011, 11:04 AM
    I have one too. Looking for help. Causing recurring BV. (I think it might be the culprit). I need advice too. I am 57. Have had BV 5 times this year. I am post-menopausal. Had total (one ovary remains) hysterectomy at age 35. There is a vaginal tear that recurs after sex. Monogomous. Married. Lubricant used, but one thrust in the wrong direction - ouch! Could the tear be introducing the bacteria? I also have phantom pelvic pain as though I was menstruating. One ureter is somewhat narrower than the other - on the side where my ovary remains. Have all clear sign from Uroligist. Speculation? Comments?
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2011, 01:34 PM
    Hi Tinker,

Vaginal tears are quite common,and can be caused by dryness in the vaginal before intercourse.

You can help this by more for play before penetration this will naturally make the vaginal more moist.

You can also change positions,usually if the woman is on top then she has more control,but what works for one may not be the same for another.

If you have a continual soreness or tear, it is always advisable to visit your doctor ,just to check that there is no infection present.

It seems that the main cause of these tears,is primarily- not enough lubrication-k-y jelly is very good for this purpose.

Hi katie,

You say your post-menopausal,in this case the walls of the vaginal some times become much thinner usually due to the lack of estrogen at this time in your life.

You can get creams to counter act this problem or your doctor can perscribe pessarries that can be used over a few weeks,one every night to get maximime effect.
    This will help any weakness or drying of the vagina if used by the intruction from your doctor.
    Probably you will find that every now and then you will need to repeat this process.
    When having sexual intercourse-again it will be down to dryness of the vagina, which is where k-y jelly is very good to use before penetration occurs.

I hope I have helped you both-but I suggest that you visit your doctors to will examine you to be sure you have no infection present,who may also offer further advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal problems, a lot of dischrage and vaginal itch [ 2 Answers ]

Well its embarasing but I'm 16 and I just became sexually active. Ive only done it with one boy which is my boyfriend and ever since I have been dealing with occasional vaginal itching. At one point it became so sever that my mom had to take me to the doctor but she didn't find out about my sex...

How common is a vaginal tear during consensual sex [ 3 Answers ]

I just wanted to know how common it is to have a vaginal tear during consensual sex with my boyfriend. During sex, I was on top of my boyfriend and I zigged and he zagged and all of a sudden I was bleeding right on top of him. My boyfriend is not small but he is not big either, just average size....

Vaginal illness? I have white vaginal discharge so what is the illnes I got now ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been sleep with my boyfriend with condom and after 3 day I started to got achy on my vagina and after 5 day I got some white vaginal discharge coming out, so what's a problem then ? Please advise !

Tear in penis [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a tear near the top of his penis!Every time we have sex there's lots of blood,which takes approximately 36 hrs to heal!Don't TELL HIM TO GO TO THE DOCTORS CAUSE HE Won't!

Wear and tear [ 1 Answers ]

Can may former landlord use $400 of my security to pay a company to repaint and fix small holes created from hanging mirrored pic frames? When he indeed verbally stated, in front of witnesses that I did not have to complete the repairs, he would do them when he renovated the apt.

View more questions Search