Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cyber.engineer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 12:29 PM
    A Rebuttal Against the Negatives Against Kennedy Western/Warren National
    I went to many brick-and-mortar schools. I did earn my associates degree through a "regular" school. For years I worked in the Engineering field, I obtained a very large amount of college credits.

The company I worked for decided because of my pay level, they wanted me to obtain a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering. I was happy, unfortunately in 1999, the local universities in the city I was living wanted nothing to do with adult students, if I could not attend day classes then they had nothing for me.

Finally the Plant Manager and HR Manager decided that KW (Kennedy Western) was a good fit and that they would pay for the classes. It took me two years before I graduated due to work and family. However; nobody ever barked at the degree including some of America's top companies, until now..

What happened? All of these armpit (notice I didn't say arm chair)scholars that know everything about what occurred (written with sarcasm) at KW and that our degrees are no good.

I was aware that they were not accredited, however my company and others at the time accepted them. All of this BS (Not Bachelor of Science but Bull S**T) came about. So, I looked at going back to school for another BS with a brick and mortar school but also with internet classes. The price is quite ludicrous, 40 thousand for what? The knowledge I already have, this people is a diploma mill, this is a scam.

Our education system is as screwed up as our economy. I'm glad that Ford, Edison and many others were able to think without their degrees. Oh, the Wright Brothers could not have invented the first flying machine and been the first in flight. You see, they did not have Aeronautical Degrees!

Everyone complains about the government, but yet they trust them in deciding what a good education is. Please, they went to Ivy League schools do you think for one moment that your PhD. Is as good as their PhD? Sure you say, why not they are accredited are they not?

My BSEE is real, and I will continue to place it on my resume! Regardless what the Arm Pit critics think, they are no more qualified to make these calls than I am of being a coach of an NFL team while sitting in my Lazy-boy chair on a Sunday afternoon!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2011, 12:37 PM
    Just because a company is willing to pay the tuition doesn't make the school legitimate, especially if the accreditation is poor or non-existent.

There are always valid reasons colleges aren't accredited. Who is saying your degree is not valid?

***ADDED*** I have been reading up on this institution. Apparently, they apply for accreditation, but don't follow through. The Chronicle of Higher Education says, "The university [is] notable for its slick marketing and for doling out credit for 'life experience'."
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 3, 2011, 11:49 PM
    Interesting piece there, but have you read this sticky on the subject?
    Click Here..

The actual backing of the degree is equally important as the degree itself.
    Look at the recent issues surrounding degrees accredited by the university of Wales (UoW) and the storm this has kicked up..

It took me two years before I graduated
    Doesn't it strike you as odd that you could accomplish this degree in two years PART TIME, yet it normally takes THREE PLUS years studying FULL TIME.

Also I notice that you posted the same rant onto a thread dealing with Belford University, a well known degree mill..
    I thought you were raving on about the unfair treatment of KW, not Belford. Which is it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 05:16 AM
    You have a degree, the issue is that since it is not accredited, you can not use it to go to other accredited colleges for advanced degrees, can not trransfer their credits to accredited colleges.

Also most businesses do not accept degrees from non accredited colleges. This does not mean you did not lean a lot, it does not mean you did not do work. But sadly most colleges that are not accredited don't even make you do any work, they just "sell" a degree, which hurts the other schools that have a fair program.

One of my degrees is from a college that is no longer accredited, they lost theirs and later closed.

There are some law schools that are not accredited and even reconised by the Bar Association, but students with some restrictions can still sit for the Bar and become attorneys, One here in Atlanta ( I understand now it is accredited) but for years was not, ifyou graduated from it, you could only sit for the GA Bar, not any other state.

But your company accepted it, When I work for the Federal Gov, they accepted my degree that was not accredited. It is a case by case basis.

In general, it depends on what you want to do with the degree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

Warren National University [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone used this online school and been directed from them to get a loan from Wells Fargo? I only had about sseven classes to complete and I would have had a BA in Business Marketing. I am still paying on my loan to wells fargo. Does anyone know how to get a refund or at least a partial?

Kennedy Western University Complaint [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Sir My name is Antoine Al Hajjar,when I was working in Saudi Arabia I decided to continue my degree through The KWU address was ( 28310 Roadside Drive Agoura Hills CA 91301 USA) my ID no is F6805, I did complete sourses with full payment due at that time, after going back to Lebanon and...

Warren National University Transfer of Credits [ 2 Answers ]

This question is for AllyJo if she's still using this forum. You stated that you found a college that allowed the transfer of credits from Warren National University. Would you please advise me on institution and how I can contact them? All the best, Don

Warren national university [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if this school is a good school? I would like to know the background of it.

View more questions Search