Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    betha31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 10:51 AM
    Trying to find dividend history of AT&T stock prior to 1984
    Is there a website that will list dividends annually for AT&T stock purchased in 1957?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 3, 2011, 11:15 AM
    Your best bet is AT&T itself. Their shareholder services division would have that information.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 3, 2011, 11:25 AM
    Remember that you're looking for history of AT&T Corp. not AT&T Inc. I found it here:

AT&T Corp. Dividends | Investor Relations | AT&T

It's confusing, but when SBC (nee Southwest Bell) bought AT&T Corp 1n 2005 they changed the name of the combined enterprise to AT&T Inc. So web sites that today show the history of "AT&T" stock are actually showing the history of SBC, which came into being upon divestiture from AT&T Corp in 1984.

Note the web site that I referenced provides both AT&T Inc and AT&T Corp dividend data.

May I ask why you need this data? If it's because you are trying to figure the cost basis of some AT&T stock you own (perhaps shares you bought pre-1984 through a Dividend Reinvestment Program), it's going to get very complicated trying to track cost basis through all the various stock splits, company spin-offs, and mergers that have occurred since the original AT&T divestiture in 1984. But there are some helpful web sites that I can point you to in order to help figure it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting for treasury stock used in stock dividend [ 1 Answers ]

How do I account for treasury stock use in a stock dividend for preferred stock? What would the journal entry by? I don't believe I should debit retained earnings for this transaction, but I'm not sure what account to debit. Please Help

Stock Split and Stock Dividend [ 3 Answers ]

The common stock of Alexander Hamilton Inc. is currently selling at $120 per share. The directors wish to reduce the share price and increase share volume prior to a new issue. The per share par value is $10; book value is $70 per share. Nine million shares are issued and outstanding. Prepare...

Calculating Preferred Stock and Common Stock Dividend [ 1 Answers ]

I want help understanding calculating dividends on preferred stock, here is the question: Golf-Easy Company has 10,000 shares of 3% preferred stock of $50 par and 25,000 shares of $100 par common stock. The following amounts were distributed as dividends: Year 1 $40,000 Year 2 ...

How to calculate Stock dividend shares and cash dividend amounts? [ 1 Answers ]

I owe 600 shares common stock , I currently received cash dividend of .42 per share a year. A 5% stock dividend, was declared, how many shares of coomon stock would I receive as a dividend?

Stock Split and Stock Dividend Differentiated [ 2 Answers ]

What are the differences between the accounting and securities market between the 2 methods of increasing the number of shares outstanding. The 2 methods are stock splits and stock dividends.

View more questions Search