Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curiouser2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 06:01 AM
    Anankastic personality disorder with somatization disorder
    I'm 25, a single man. My condition concerns me for many years. More than once I was appealing to neurologists and psychiatrists. Also I was myself researching some medical information. Doctors was making diagnoses: obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety-depressive syndrome with somatization disorder, anankastic personality disorder and astheno-vegetative syndrome. Sadly, none of medications that I took had the desired effect.

It is harder when alarm clock rang in the morning, I awake, turn him off and continue to sleep again. Then, when I get out of bed I feel severe heaviness in head and neck, during the day negative intrusive thoughts in the fore part of head regularly surface and often there is redness of face. Moreover, even my physical condition is difficult: lasting walking, speaking aloud and even thinking about anything are hard for me. It is easier during the day when in the morning I speak absolutely nothing aloud. At the other extreme, during the day I am inclined to talk with myself aloud.

A few years earlier EEG and REG tests showed that I have a minor dysfunction of diencephalic structures and good visual memory. This is not surprising, for I am a graphic designer. When my condition is hard it is easier if I lie down in two small solid pillows, put them under neck, press my head to pillows to create resistance to brain vessels spasms, close eyes and begin to block out intrusive thoughts that arise in the fore part. Although at that I feel some pain in this part of head, but after such "over vision resistance" negative thoughts pass and I feel a relief.

What makes all more complicated is that my troubled family experienced stormy times in past. A few years father not lives with us and now I live with my younger brother and mentally ill mother who blames me constantly and screams. My parents divorced in 2007. After my mother began to direct her negative uncontrolled emotions largely to my side and my condition became exhausted. Unfortunately, I am still enable to move to separate apartment. Although it is easier when I travel to friends at least on a few days.

Please help me to understand my condition as deeply as possible and find safe medications. I'm willing to answer the further questions.

Check out some similar questions!

What does this personality disorder indicate? [ 5 Answers ]

I have just started dating a 68 year old man. I visited his apartment. He has lived there for 4 years, and cannot decide whether to buy a home or condo, or what to do. The house is a disaster! Bed never made, toilette bowl not flushed, boxes and stuff stacked up everywhere. Also, he does not...

Borderline Personality Disorder [ 4 Answers ]

About 6 months ago, I was told that I had borderline personality disorder. I am 19 and have had a very rough going throughout my whole life. I have no family connections and I am having difficulty in overcoming my disorder. It is ruining my current relationship with my boyfriend (who I also live...

Personality disorder [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir, My Mother is going through a problem which is not known by us.. a brief history of her. Have heard that she had typhoid at early age His father had a second marriage and saw her mother always depressed and lonely Never got love from father Been from a depressed background...

Personality disorder [ 1 Answers ]

What makes personality diaorder an intirely meaningless and unhelpful diagnostic category? And a list of references please for further reading

Did she have a personality disorder? [ 24 Answers ]

I am trying to work out whether my ex has a personality disorder or whether we were just emotionally incompatible? I have had relationships - several. Most of them good. 3 years ago I met a girl who was down on her luck and very jealous and posessive and demanding on what she wanted - ALL OF MY...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.