Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 2, 2011, 05:53 PM
    Shore lift Station
    Not sure how many folks will know what a Shore Station is but its an aluminium lift that raise your boat out of the water when not in use, kind of like an elevator. Everyone but one guy on our inland lake pays $300 at the end of the season for a guy to use a floating crane to lift the station out of the water onto the shore for the winter. Another $300 gets it back in the water next spring. Well that one guy never takes his lift out, sometimes even leaves his boat on it, in the water all winter. Does anyone know for sure if taking out for the winter is really even necessary? The one guy says its like air duct cleaning, just because folks do it doesn't mean its needed.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 7, 2011, 06:17 PM
    Maybe I'd get an answer if we move this to a science forum. Could winter ice move the legs of the shore station?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good biological additive for sewage-ejector lift station? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 50-60 gallon (est) vented fiberglas tank in basement with sewage-ejector pump inside. All wastewater from toilets, sinks, showers, washing machines, dishwashers goes through this system. Generally runs well and pretty clean, but I would like to add some biological cleaner (non-toxic) to...

Why is my pump for my lift station is on but not draining? [ 2 Answers ]

Water is not emptying even though the pump is on. It just kind of bubbles and water comes out of the top

Possible Issue with Lift Station [ 2 Answers ]

My pipes are clogging up and I went out and checked the clean out. It was backed up there to. I rented an Electric snake and ran it as far as I could. I think I hit a 90 and it would go no further, but I'm not sure. I know it was heading to the Lift Station, that pumps to the City pipes. ...

Water lift pump station [ 2 Answers ]

How to design a single water lift pump station?

Lift station [ 1 Answers ]

I am insalling a lift sation on a one bedroom cabin. 3in intake with 2in discharge . Do I vent where it goes into the lift or the 2in dischrge out to the septic tank. Thank you Luis

View more questions Search