Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmrmichelle7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 05:40 PM
    Trane Heat Pump won't heat up to set temperature
    I have a Trane heatpump, and at night it will not heat up to the set temp of 72 degrees. For example it might be 40 degrees outside, and I'll have it set to 72, and this morning when I woke, it was 66 degrees in the house. And when I turn the thermostat to the off position, it continues to run and blow cold air, for at least 30-45 minutes before shutting off. What could be the problem and would should I do? Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

Trane heat pump doesn't switch from heat to cool [ 2 Answers ]

Just noticed a problem relating to my Trane Weathertron thermostat (8 wire system)that is connected the Trane heatpump. The Green wire on the G terminal (fan) was touching the Orange wire on the O terminal (cooling valve). Might this be causing the system not to switch from heating to cooling?

Till what outside temperature trane heat pump works in winters [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,I installed a new trane air heat pump about 6 months ago.now outside temp is 6 and my pump is not working.aux heat is coming on automatically.when temp goes to 8 or 10,heat pump comes on again automatically.installer told me that heat pump will do job till -9.9,, when -10 heat pump will shut off...

Why did temperature not rise above 57 when set to 69 on heat pump unit? [ 2 Answers ]

Two HVAC technicians have told me there is nothing wrong with my heat which operates off a gas heat pump. However, my auxiliary heat stays on constantly. Last night (was about 18 degrees in GA) the auxiliary heat was on at night and temp was slowly dropping. When I woke up this morning, it was 57...

My Trane Auxiliary heat on heat pump is tripping breakers. I think all 3 elements are g [ 0 Answers ]

All 3 white control wires on 3 contactors to elements gets energized at the same time even when only calling for 2-3 degrees increase. Is that normal? I thought it was setup to increase elements based upon the amount of heat called for? The point is breakers keep tripping in winter for the last...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.