Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heckieswife Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 08:54 AM
    How To Change My Ip Address
    I can't change my ip address for some reason, I have never had this problem before. I have tried doing the dos way ipconfig/release and I also tried going through my local connection changing my protocol. Neither of these methods have worked any other suggestions?:confused:
    p.s. sorry I forgot. Lol.. I am running off windows xp and using iexplorer 7.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 7, 2007, 03:49 PM
    If you could please give us a load more information then we will be able to help you resolve your issue.
    Which address are you referring to ?
    The one that comes up in IPCONFIG depends on the following;
    Are you on a home network ?
    What type of internet connection do you have ?
    Router or USB modem ?

ANything else you can think of.
    heckieswife Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 07:11 PM
    I am so sry I left that info out. I was meaning when you go to run and tell it to run cmd when that comes up I was putting the ipconfig/release and disconnect from the internet and usually it gives me a new ip when I finish the process but it didn't today. I use a cable modem, yes I have home networking. I hope this helps ty for responding
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 8, 2007, 02:31 PM
    The IP is normally assigned by your Internet provider via their DHCP server. The server is set to maintain the same IP for each user until it is necessary to change.

As an example. I have cable internet also, and have had the same IP for over a year. Only this year did it change, and that is done automatically through my router.

So it shouldn't be necessary for you to manually renew the IP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to change IP address [ 9 Answers ]

Whenever I try to continuosly download files on rapidshare, they trace my IP address and say that you have reached your maximum limit of dowmloading files. Can any one help me in disguising my original IP address so that they won't trace my IP and I can continuously download files.

IP Address Change of 9iAS machine [ 2 Answers ]

We have changes IP address of our machine where Oracle 9iAS version 1 is installed with Apache Webserver. After the change, the AS has stopped connecting to the database. Can we do something without reinstalling the AS.

WEB Address Change? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello There! How can I change my WEB adderss. For example if my address is: www.boy.com I want to change it to: www.girl.com

Can't change my ip address.. Help... [ 7 Answers ]

Help me please cause I can't change my ip address... When I try to ipconfig /renew from ms-dos, "An error occured while renewign interface Local Area Connection 2: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out. no operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it...

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

View more questions Search