Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bblames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 04:40 PM
    Car accident with a borrowed car that has insurance, but the driver has no license?
    What will happen when there's a car accident, but the driver has no license. There is insurance on the car. The driver was cited. What will happen if there's no damage at all on either vehicle? It was a minor rear-ender. What will happen in Texas?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 3, 2011, 06:41 AM
    Did the police investigate? If so, they probably have already issued a citation to the unlicensed driver.

If there is no damage to the other vehicle and the other driver is unhurt then that is the end of it. But if there was damage or injury then he (or his insurance company) will come after the unlicensed driver and the car owner's insurance company for damages. In all likelihood the owner's insurance company will not cover this, because insurance policies cover drivers who borrow a car only if they are properly licensed. Since the driver was unlicensed, the driver and owner of the car will be on their own in case of a lawsuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car accident my car with insurance but no license [ 8 Answers ]

I had a car accident with my car with an insurance cover but no valid license but provisional driving licence which I have accepted liability of,what would be the repercussions

Auto Insurance on rented or borrowed car if driver is not owner? [ 1 Answers ]

I drive but do not own an automobile. If I rent or borrow a car am I insured by owner's insurance?

At fault car accident, other driver no insurance [ 8 Answers ]

I was parked along a curb and was pulling out into the street. I hit a car that came up along side me. My front/side bumper hit the side of her car (passenger side) towards the back. Clearly this was my fault. She was driving without insurance and didn't want the police called. I offered to give...

Accident - no insurance - not registered - borrowed car [ 4 Answers ]

HELP!! I was just involved in a car accident... but that's not what I need help with... I borrowed the car the day of the accident... I had a very important engagement to meet across town and it was a last minute favor from a friend... the thing is - my friend had just purchased the car and had not...

Car accident againts a driver who has no license and uninsured. [ 3 Answers ]

I got in a car accident against a driver who has no license and uninsured. The accident happened when I ran a yellow in an intersection and I got hit on my right my car. Five months later I got a call from my insurance company that just told me that I can't win the case anymore for the fact that...

View more questions Search