Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tigger2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Irregular cycle
    I'm 18 I started my period when I was 13. So for 5 years I have been waiting for it to settle into a pattern... and it hasn't. Sometimes it will be like every 10 days sometimes its 18 sometimes it 21 and sometimes its 31, but usually I find I'm on for 7 days off for 7 on for 7 and I can't cope, luckily I've never been in a relationship I'm too scared because this would obviously get in the way, but I'm too scared to speak to my mum and I can't go the doctors without her knowing, as she would find out. What can they do anyway? Its getting me down though! I'm worried something is up with me?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Tigger it is important that you go to the doctor about this. You are 18 so is there a reason you can't go alone? There is such thing as a doctor/patient privilege wherein the doctor cannot reveal any information to anyone about your health and health care unless they are part of his team. Unless your mother is his nurse she is not a part of his team. I hope you understand what I am saying here.

You need to have this checked out to find out why it is happening, if there is anything wrong. Bleeding this long can lead to an iron deficiency, and you need to make sure you are healthy.

Now, don't get me wrong, but if you still live at home your mother most likely knows when you are on your period and how often.
    kholloway Posts: 67, Reputation: 8

Feb 7, 2007, 02:08 PM
    This is not something that you should be afraid to share with your mother. You have done nothing wrong, and she is a woman so I'm sure she has been there before. I would talk with her about it, and let her know if you would like her to go with, or would feel better going by yourself. If you don't feel like you can talk to your mom, you can search the web for a planned parenthood near you that can help you out. (don't be scared by the name, it's not only for pregnant people.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's going on [ 2 Answers ]

Im 23 yrs old. I have been on the pill for 2 years now and have always had very regular periods. Dec. 22 I noticed light red spotting and thought that was weird. Then read that it could have been implantation bleeding. Took pregnant. Tests but all were negative. My period was supposed to start on...

What's up?? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey thanks so much for listning! Well, me and this guy josh have had a thing for while and finally We started hanging out a little bit. Well It is my best friends boyfriends best friend. ( haha get it?) anyway Josh has told jake ( my friends boyfriend) that he likes me and wants to date me. Well...

What's going on? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, Don't know how this site works but can you ask questions and get answers from a phychic? If that's the case I really need to know what's going on between me and this guy at work. We seem very connected and everything seems like it should be, but we cannot move on to the next level. I...

What's Going On? [ 3 Answers ]

I think I am pregnant but I'm not sure. I have this weird feeling that I am. I have been spotting or something. Not sure if it's that or not and really don't want to go see a doctor. I also am fatigue all the time and feel sick (nausia). What do you think it is?:eek:

View more questions Search