Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terrence1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 01:34 PM
    how do i calculate the cost of goods sold for the obsorption income statement
    During the first month of operations ended May 31, 2012, Dorm Fridge Company manufactured 12,300 microwaves, of which 11,700 were sold. Operating data for the month are summarized as follows:

Sales $1,930,500
    Manufacturing costs:
    Direct materials $959,400
    Direct labor 282,900
    Variable manufacturing cost 246,000
    Fixed manufacturing cost 123,000 1,611,300
    Selling and administrative expenses:
    Variable 152,100
    Fixed 70,000 222,100
    is the problem:

I know the sales is 1930.500, but how do I get the cost of goods sold I do not know what numbers to use to get this amount

Check out some similar questions!

How do I calculate cost of goods sold in the Temporary staffing industry? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I calculate cost of goods sold in the staffing industry?

How 2 prepare schedule of cost of goods manufactured and sold and an income statement [ 1 Answers ]

Grange Corporation is a manufacturer of precision drill bits. The bits are sold to machine and equipment dealers, and marketing is handled via a network of regionalized manufacturer representatives. The only selling expenses pertain to commissions paid to the manufacturer representatives. The...

Cost of Goods Sold (Multi-step Income Statement) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this site. I have a homework question that I am confused about. I was wondering if someone could possibly help me with it. The question asks to find the beginning and ending balance of the cost of goods sold on the multi-step income statement for each fiscal year and I'm not...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.