Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bargiy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 10:03 AM
    What is height for a ball to drop 2 seconds?
    What is total height of a ball if its thrown downward.its time before strike ground is 2 seconds and its height is 3/4 of it total height so what is the total height?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 2, 2011, 10:26 AM
    Please clarify your question. The ball is thrown downward - but at what speed? And what do you mean by "its height is 3/4 if it total height?" Also - when you provide clarification please also show us how you have attempted to solve the problem yourself, and we'll help you along if you get stuck.

Nov 2, 2011, 11:21 AM
    Sorry my english is not very good. Try undrestant me . The ball is droped not thrown so it doesn't need a speed to drop.the height in that 2 seconds is 3/4 of its total height.so what is the total height?I don't know how to solve it..

ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 2, 2011, 11:34 AM
    OK - what you want to determine is how far a ball drops in 2 seconds. Use the formula:

where 'g' is acceleration due to gravity = 9.8 m/s^2 and 't' is the time in seconds. This gives you the height 'd' that it drops in 't' seconds. If that height is 3/4 of some other height, multiply 'd 'by 4/3. Hope this helps.

Nov 2, 2011, 12:11 PM
    OK thank you..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Average hight [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm a girl and I'm just 5ft 1in My friends say that I can't be hot with that hight whether I'm pretty So my 1st question: Is that true because I think it's not there are a lot of hot actresses in my hight just like hillary duff and they are incredibly hot and Is that hight normal or I'm...

Total assets are 991000 total asset turnover rate is 1.1 debt equity ratio is 0.6 [ 0 Answers ]

Total assets are 991,000 total asset turnover rate is 1.1 debt equity ratio is 0.6 return on equity is 8.7% what is net income

How to find beginning retained earnings with total revenues and total expenses [ 1 Answers ]

The company's total equity increased by $32,000 during 2011. New stockholder investment during the year totaled $65,000. Total revenues during the year were $500,000 and total expenses were $460,000. Cash on decreased by $7,500 during the year. What amount of dividends did the company declare...

Year end total revenue from total expenses [ 2 Answers ]

I have a financial statement for a non-profit for four clinics, where you have to fill in the missing values. If you have a missing value for total revenue and have the value for total expenses and visa versa. How do you calculate the missing value? Do you obtain it from the...

View more questions Search