Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seba_dleftbl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 02:50 AM
    Snowboar, Skiing, Ice Skating
    Well, I just arrived last month to Vancouver, Canada and I've seen that winter sports are very popular. Where I come from we don't practice so much all these kind of sports and I would like to learn these sports, because I really like them. That's way I need some information about the next sports: ice skating, skiing and snowboard, because I want to buy the used instrumets for these sports.
    I am 16 years old, I weigh 53 kilos my height is 167 cm.
    1»What size should be the snowboard?
    2»What size should be the skis?
    3»What size should be the ice skates?
    4»What size should be the boots for snowboard and skiing?
    5»If I buy snowboard boots, can I use them with the skis?
    6»The ice skates must be bigger or smaller than the street shoes?

PD: THe street shoes that I use are 8.5 US and are not small for me I can put inside 1 finger and a little of another.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2011, 04:31 AM
    1»What size should be the snowboard?
    2 »What size should be the skis? It often depends on your skill level, any good ski shop will ask you a few questions and offer their suggestion.
    3 »What size should be the ice skates? Like shoes you have to try them on. I've played hockey all my life and notice that ice skates sizes generally are set to almost one full size less than your shoe size (so if I wear a 9 shoe I have size 8 skates).
    4 »What size should be the boots for snowboard and skiing? Go to a shop that sells them and ask the staff.
    5 »If I buy snowboard boots, can I use them with the skis? Nope, they are two different types of boots made to match the bindings.
    6 »The ice skates must be bigger or smaller than the street shoes? See above.

Good luck and have fun!
    seba_dleftbl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 11:23 AM
    But mistar aboutvthe boots, I want to buy them used... so any suggestion?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fire and ice. Icce skating film. [ 0 Answers ]

I am searching for a film that I used to watch as a child in the mid 90's, it was a love story told through ice skating. A man from a land of fire and a woman from a land of ice. I'm sure it was simply called Fire and Ice but it seems that this title has been use for many things. If someone has any...

A man meets a young girl ice skating and she asks him to wait for her. [ 1 Answers ]

The next time he meets her she is older and finally she is grown and they fall in love. This is an old movie maybe done in 1940's.

Searching for a movie about Ice Skating. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm GeniusRobot! And I spent year and 5 months searching for this movie and I found this site and liked it because I thought it could possibly be the end of my searches! Here's the plot of the movie I'm searching for: It's an Ice Skating Movie about two teenagers in love, I think...

Inquiring on total cost of indoor ice skating rink [ 1 Answers ]

I'm taking a business class. I'm doing a project about starting up a small business. It has to be something that we don't have in our community. I have chosen to start up an ice skating rink. I searched online, but still could not find the total answer for this project. I keep on getting a total...

View more questions Search