Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbayne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Removing american standard shower faucet?
    I have a very old (>15 years) american standard shower rotary control with temperature readout. Must remove and replace. Cannot remove handle. Set screw hidden. Need instrutions.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 2, 2011, 07:43 AM
    LOad the set screw up with WD-40 and try to loosen it. See if you can wiggle the handle off, If I were doing this I would remove the handle and face plate. Then I would open up the wall behind the valve so I didn't have to tear up the tiles. That's how I'd remove and replace the valve, If the hole in the tile is too large for the new faceplate I would purchase a remodel plate (see image) and use that. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

jbayne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 08:53 AM
    Thanks! Did spary lots of wd-40 up into the set screw hole last night. Will try to muscle the screw loose tonight after work.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 2, 2011, 09:37 AM
    If the set screw is still stuck simply drill it out. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Standard Shower Valve [ 10 Answers ]

I have a single lever (actually a rotating knob) American Standard valve. It's stuck so that it doesn't allow any hot water (cold is fine) to pass. Last time this happened (that was about a year ago -- this particlar shower doesn't get used much), the plumber removed the face plate, took out a...

1966 American Standard shower faucet replacement parts [ 2 Answers ]

Have a shower faucet (American Standard) in house built in 1966. Hot and cold water do not mix properly. Trying to find parts or replacement as a new fixture would require replumbing the pipes. Any ideas?

Low hot water pressure in bathtub of american standard faucet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a American Standard single handle faucet in my bathtub, the cold water in both the shower and tub is fine. The hot water pressure in both the shower and tub is very low. Is there anything I can do on my own to get more pressure in the hot water. Thanks RH

American standard shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I installed a american standard shower valve in my shower and I hooked up the hot and cold supply lines backwards. Is there and easy fix to this I really don't want to cut a hole in the back of my wall to fix this. Thanks Stancy

American standard shower valve [ 2 Answers ]

I Have an old American Standard one handle shower only valve (approx 40 yrs old). I bought a repair kit from a plumbing parts store consisting of valve seats, o-rings compresto install the repair kit?sion springs, etc. Can I gain access to the valve from the shower, or do I have to cut a hole in...

View more questions Search