Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kimmy1000 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Nov 1, 2011, 06:03 PM
    Can I be pregnant?
    I lost my virginity two (2) months ago and I don't know if it's just paranoia but I keep thinking I'm pregnant. We used protection. We did it on the 17th and my period was due the 23rd instead it came on the 21st. It was a normal flow and it lasted normal 5-7 days. Each month after it came as usual but I just keep thinking that I'm pregnant. The last day of my period last month I got back pain that lasted for a few hours but then went and never came back but I don't ever get back pain as a period symptom. My stomach isn't growing or anything but I just wanted to know if I can get my periods for three months after and still be pregnant or if I'm just being paranoid?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 1, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Yes, when having sex... even protected sex, pregnancy is ALWAYS a possibility. If you fear pregnancy, do not have sex. That's all there is to it.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2011, 06:11 PM
    How old are you?

The only way to know if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. We can't tell you over the internet. Although your cycle continuing as normal makes it seem less likely that you are pregnant.

Nov 1, 2011, 06:45 PM
    ** edited out rude remarks **

I'm 18 years old

Nov 1, 2011, 06:47 PM
    Thanks justcurious55. I am just a little anxiuos to take the test. Just wanted to get some other people opinion before I startled my boyfriend and myself with a pregnancy test.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 1, 2011, 07:32 PM
    Kimmy, with all due respect, Hauntinghelper is correct. There is no form of birth control that is 100% effective aside from abstinence. I got pregnant twice using 2 forms of birth control correctly.

Now, reading your question, most likely you are not pregnant as you are menstruating. If you are that concerned, the only thing you can do is take a pregnancy test using first morning urine and following the directions correctly.

Nov 1, 2011, 07:40 PM
    You'll are misreading my question. I am not afraid OF BEING PREGNANT... I heard from one of my friends that her aunt had her periods for 4 months and she was pregnant was just looking for some other views instead on going and getting a test over nothing. I asked if it is possible that I could have my periods for 3 months and be pregnant I never asked if I could get pregnant using a condom or about birth control...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2011, 07:45 PM
    No, if you have been having your period, you should not be pregnant. Next I deleted your rude comments, sorry but you said you were paranoia, which is an expression of fear. If you said you were hoping or praying it means you would want to be.

No form of birth control is 100 percent, so we have no idea what method you used. Condoms of course are the least effective ( except for withdraw that actually gives no real protection) If you do plan on regular sexual activiity you need to consider a couple methods for safety.

Nov 1, 2011, 07:55 PM
    Ok cool thankz. Its okay and I am not afraid... if I am pregnant then fine and if I am not then fine... when I said paraniod I meant that I know that menstruation means that I should not be pregnant however I have heard stories and read stories also of people who have had their periods or what seems like it and was pregnant. Just wanted to hear some other views but not anymore thankz anyway
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2011, 08:05 PM
    Sorry if we misunderstood you, but please note almost every expert saw or assumed fear by the way the question was written. All we have to tell or know is from what you write in your posts, So much have to be guessed or assumed at times.

And at 18 and just having sex, I would easily assume you could be scared, most people would not want that big of change.

No one means wrong, we just want you to understand that we have to read what we think you mean in each word
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 1, 2011, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy1000 View Post
    You'll are misreading my question. I am not afraid OF BEING PREGNANT....i heard from one of my friends that her aunt had her periods for 4 months and she was pregnant was just looking for some other views instead on going and getting a test over nothing. I asked if it is possible that i could have my periods for 3 months and be pregnant i never asked if i could get pregnant using a condom or about birth control.....

I did not misread your question, yet you felt free to disagree with me anyway and give me an undeserved reddie! :mad:

As I said to you, it is unlikely you are pregnant since you were using birth control AND you got your period as expected.
    steponme386 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 08:47 PM
    Well, were you pregnant?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

Could I be pregnant even after negative pregnant test when nuvaring taken out early? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question to ask: So here's the history.I had a period and went to the OBGYN so that I could start Birth control. I started the Nuvaring in on September 1st, which was the last day of my period, I had gotten it Aug 28. I had sex and used a condom on the 1st. But then I didn't wait the 7...

View more questions Search