Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimdurbin5 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 06:59 AM
    house smells like sewer.really bad
    The house has begun to smell like a sewer. I have a septic tank. It got really bad when the temp outside went below zero. The smell goes away at night and comes back in the morning as soon as the showers get going and toilets get flushed. I run from drain to drain and to toilets... I have 4 in the house. I can't pin point the smell or the faulty drain. It seems to be distrubuted by the heat that runs all the time from the cold outside. Help please. IT has happened before in extreme hot and extreme cold weather and always goes away... this time its hanging around.

You will not believe the advice I am getting..

Run faucets for 15 minutes.. put baking soda indrain

bakers yeast in a toilet.

Rid X twice a day

I want some sound advice that will help... Thanks
    XxRoosterXx Posts: 44, Reputation: 9

Feb 7, 2007, 08:08 AM
    I'm not a plumber but just from personal experience, I have the same problem once in a while. Mostly I found it's when I haven't used rid-x for a while. After we use it the odor seems to go away. Could be that the septic needs pumped. I'm not sure when the last time mine was pumped. Maybe a plumber on here could give you a technical answer. I would be interested in hearing what they say too. GL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house smells like sewer [ 2 Answers ]

My house is one year old and it smells like sewer gas from time to time. All traps are full of water, no noise coming from drains and there is no smell outside. The temp outside is -4

1/2 bath smells like sewer [ 2 Answers ]

2 years ago we put in a new toilet in our half bath and everything was fine until 3 days ago. It started to smell like sewer in there. Please help, can't take the smell. :eek:

Sewer Smells and Odors in basement [ 5 Answers ]

I have been in home about 3.5 years and recently (summer) started noticing sewer smell outside near venting pipe. Shortly after, sewer odors started in basement laundry room. Had septic tank pumped and smell seemed to go away for several days, then returned. Recently plugged a washer wastepipe...

One bathroom sink in house smells like a sewer [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 2 story home, 1 year old, crawl space, no basement. Our main level 1/2 bath is the only bathroom in the house that smells like a sewer when the water in the sink is turned on. I can usually only smell it when the water is running, and it seems to be getting worse over time. We...

Fridge water smells bad [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a new GE fridge and had a problem with the water smelling like rotten eggs (literally) when dispensed out of the fridge. That filter lasted about 6 months and was the original one. I changed the filter and when I did the filter smelled terrible. I put in the new one and it worked great,...

View more questions Search