Ask
    dmartin81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 11:30 AM
    92 honda accord brake lights will not turn off even when motor off
    Can't get brake lights to go off causing battery to die
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2011, 12:04 PM
    Brake Lights Stay On (Disintegrated Brake Switch Pedal Pad)

Honda brake switch pedal pads get brittle and disintegrate, over time. They are about the size of a LifeSaver and are often royal blue. If you see pieces laying on the driver's side floor mat, and the brake lights are on or your battery is unexpectedly dead, remove the lower dash panel and press a new pedal pad (Honda Part No. 46505-SA5-000) into the pedal arm hole. The replacement part is white and retails for $2.15. If you drive an older Honda, it's a good idea to replace it proactively, so you don't get stranded. While you are doing this, it's a good idea to also replace the clutch pedal pad--it uses the same pad.

TRICK: If the plunger on the brake light switch prevents you from being able to press in a new pedal pad, take an X-ACTO knife or box cutter and cut 3/16" or 5 mm from the pad's "cone." Have a friend depress the brake pedal, while you insert the pad. For better access, remove the driver's seat--carefully remove the seat belt connector, before lifting the seat out.
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Nov 1, 2011, 09:44 PM
    Txgreasemonkey said it before I could
    jmallett Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2012, 11:49 AM
    Thank you... in TN the price is 2.35 plus tax... but you just saved me 80 bucks because that is what maxi auto was going to charge to fix the brake lights staying on all the time.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2012, 01:31 PM
    Yes, those a very important parts on Hondas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 honda accord ex no tail lights, no cluster lights, no radio lights [ 1 Answers ]

Yet radio works. I have checked all the fuses with voltmeter all good. Is this a dimmer relay issue and if not what could it be. Need answer immediately please. I transport my small daughter and am unemplyed at this time. I appreciate all the help. Thank you.

95 honda civic brake lights won't turn on [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1995 honda civic dx and I noticed that my tail lights won't turning on when I press the brake but they work with the running lights. I checked the brake switch and its connected and I adjusted it and it still wouldn't turn on I checked myfuse box and the fuse box diagram is not the correct...

1992 honda accord lx why won't lights come on when you turn ignition on [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the main relay today and drove car awhile after that but went back out later to try and start car and it would do nothing but crank over also none of the lights that are supposed to come on when you turn ignition are coming on could someone please help me if they have the solution to...

Brake Lights Won't Turn Off! Honda Accord LXi Hatchback 1987 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, This morning I found my car had a dead battery. After I jumped it and drove it around/let it run to charge the battery up, I went to the store. When I returned to the car, I noticed that my tail lights (including the one mounted on my rear window) were still on. I tried to take the fuses out,...

90 honda accord brake makes motor run ruff [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda accord with a 2.2 motor with a auto trans. The car starts fine, but when I put my foot on the brake the tech jumps all over the place and the motor starts to run ruff... help please Thanks

View more questions Search