Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gadeene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 09:32 AM
    8 ft. high wall over existing 4 inch concrete slab
    I want to build an 8 foot 2x4 framed wall finished with stucco across the entry way to my home to create a courtyard. The sidewalk is natural stone over a 4 inch concrete slab. Do I need a footer? When digging on each side of the sidewalk I discovered PVC irrigation pipes a few inches below ground level. (Freezing is not an issue here.) Can I pour concrete over and around these PVC pipes.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2011, 12:49 PM
    I don't think you would have an issue with the wall loading, you probably have more load when people stand on the slab. 3 people at 200 # is probably more than the finished wall would weigh. As far as pouring concrete over PVC, make sure to place a larger piece of pipe over the sprinkler piping and the concrete will load on that, not the sprinkler piping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building an outdoor 8 ft. High wall over existing 4 inch concrete slab [ 0 Answers ]

I want to build am 8 foot 2x4 framed wall finished with stucco across the entry way to my home to create a courtyard. The sidewalk is natural stone over a 4 inch concrete slab. Do I need a footer? When digging on each side of the sidewalk I discovered PVC irrigation pipes a few inches below ground...

Pouring concrete over existing slab [ 1 Answers ]

I need to pour 4 inches of concrete onto a 6 inch re-inforced slab. I don't think I need to add reo to the additional 4" but I'd like some assurance please.

Interior concrete floors over the existing concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

Can you put an interior decorative concrete floor over an existing concrete slab that now is carpeted

Install 3 inch toilet drain in concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add a new toilet to the laundry room in our garage which is located on a concrete slab. The plumbing is already installed for a laundry sink and a washer. This will require adding a 3 inch pvc drain for a toilet that will have to be installed through the concrete slab which will be inches...

Pouring interior concrete slab over existing, cracked concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am turning part of my carport into a new living room. I am going to pour a concrete slab about 4 inches thick over the existing carport floor which is a concrete slab. The existing slab has a few cracks, the largest of which is about an 1/8in. Wide and raised about an 1/8in. What would be the...

View more questions Search