Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kas46060 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Trouble in Indiana
    I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years and when his son was born we got custody of him when he was 1 month old. The child's mother was not in his life consistenly and has moved to another state and had 2 more children. She gave up the second child and kept the third. My question is her first son whom we have custody of is almost 6 now and going to be starting school soon. I would like legal rights to him. She has not been in his life for almost 4 years. How would I go about getting legal rights for him without her consent. I have asked her for rights to him but she won't sign anything because she doesn't like me.
    SingleMom7105 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 7, 2007, 06:27 AM
    If I were you I would try going to the courts. Since the mother has not been in his life for that long they may take her rights as his mother away. That I think would be the only way you would be able to get full legal costody of him.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal Responsibility - Indiana [ 2 Answers ]

My husband's ex has announced she is moving from Minnesota to Georgia and does not intend to take my step-son, now age 17 with her. Basically, she is willing to abandon him. My step-son does not want to move with her (not that this is an option) nor does he want to move with us in Indiana. He is a...

Indiana emancipation law? [ 5 Answers ]

My brother's girlfriend has been being sexually abused by her physically handicapped older brother from the time she can remember. Both of her parents know about it and have done nothing. She's 16. Child Protective Services came and took her yesterday, but returned her to her parents' home,...

Emancipation in Indiana [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are the parents of six children; the older three ours and the younger three are an adopted sibling group; they have been part of our family for about four years. The oldest adopted son has been a real challenge to raise, and to cut to the point, left home when he turned 18 and...

View more questions Search