Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    txgrl23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2011, 03:47 PM
    Can a convicted felon be hired in a municipality in Texas?
    I just found out my boss was in prison for four years for theft of over $20,000 and under $100,000. It really bothers me and I no longer respect her at all and when she gives me guidance or instructions all I see is her mug shot. Someone told me about it and I didn't believe them so I looked it up and it's true. I am wondering if it is legal to hire a convicted felon for a municipality in the state of Texas?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2011, 04:04 PM
    Yes, they can't be police officers and a few other positions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laws in the state of Texas on custody of children by a convicted felon [ 1 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon in the state of Texas get secondary custody of his children? He was convicted on a drug charge about 13 years ago.

I'm a convicted felon [ 22 Answers ]

Can I go to school for a Registered Nurse or as a Pharmacist if I'm a convicted felon. I contacted the Board of Nursing and gave her my scenario and she told me that it's a case by case determination. Can someone please tell me what I should do. I don't want to go to school and take all of this...

Convicted felon marrying another convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon marry another convicted felon? One is still in prison the other is no longer under supervised release. Both are federal cases.

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

View more questions Search