Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2011, 04:38 PM
    Sex Offenders in CA are rounded up for Halloween - are we safer?
    Sex offenders who happen to be homeless are rounded up on Halloween and detained so that they do not have contact with children. Those fortunate to have a roof over their heads are on curfew.

Does this make you feel safer? This question, from a blog post on the AMHD blog, asks what is the best way to protect society from sexual predators while balancing the unintended consequences of wide sweeping laws we enact to try and protect ourselves, like three strikes laws and the like.

Please post your comments below.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2011, 05:13 PM
    Kids who are properly supervised with parents or other adults with them, should not be in any danger to start with.

Mot offenders on small children will not be the old man at the park, but will be the cousin or the uncle in the family that you open the front door for
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2011, 05:19 PM
    That is my fear. Laws like this give an unfair sense of safety while making rehabilitation very difficult by forcing people into homelessness. You're right, we have this stereotypical image of what a pedophile looks like, but, in reality, it more often than not is someone in or around the family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offenders [ 12 Answers ]

Can a sex offender move in with a single mum with young child without any complications? What procedures will there be?

Sex Offenders [ 9 Answers ]

I have just found out that one of the fathers of my son's classmate is a registered sex offender. This is a private school, and the school knew this information before they admitted the kids into the school. I believe that ALL the parents in the school have the right to know about the offender....

Sex offenders [ 1 Answers ]

What are the rules and regulations for a sex offender?

In regards to sex offenders [ 1 Answers ]

Is it leagal for a landlord to rent a room to a family that has a child knowing that a registered sex offender lives in the residence?

Sex Offenders [ 17 Answers ]

Are registered sex offenders allowed in public schools? What if the offender is the parent of a student? Do the laws on this change from state to state or is there a general rule of thumb among all of them? EDIT~ Let me rephrase this then because this is not anawering my question... I know...

View more questions Search