Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msahay_india Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 08:03 AM
    I face problem when I have read or speak in public. Feel Nervous !
    I have problem when I read in public or when I have to speak in problem.. I start sweating and feeling nervous.. I tried various method to overcome this, but in back of my mind it is always there that people will laugh or will make fun of me or if I make mistake or speak incorrect english... There are lots of thought which comes into my mind.. Can any one help me to overcome this fear can I become a good speaker. I am into job where I have to give presentations and speak in public but so how I think that this fear is one of the most biggest obsticle in my growth.. Please help.. Thank you so much.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 30, 2011, 08:14 AM
    www.dalecarnegie.com

The above website of Dale Carnegie courses has been a benchmark for people wanting to learn how to be comfortable speaking in front of groups for years. It is still and will always be excellent information on how to become proficient, without faultering or becoming nervous.

You may have to put out a small amount of money but it is well worth it to overcome th3e downside you mentioned.

Tick
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2011, 08:31 AM
    Agree with my colleague, "Tickle." Classes will help, experience will help. Both my local College and high school offer speaker training classes - for free.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 30, 2011, 09:04 AM
    What I did when I first had to speak in front of groups was gather together a few children from my neighborhood who would listen to part of my speech and then give me honest feedback about how I did -- if I moved my hands too much or touched my face too often or if my voice sounded nervous, etc.

The children absolutely loved being able to critique an adult, so they gave me positive feedback as well as mentioned the wrong things I did. Plus, it gave me practice speaking in front of a group that I knew had no mercy!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2011, 09:16 AM
    I worked for an excellent trial Attorney who practiced his opening and closing arguments on anyone or anything who would listen. I once went into his office and discovered him arguing in front of a potted plant.

No joke!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can my 4 year old read,sing songs,but can't speak well? [ 3 Answers ]

My child is incredibly smart even "gifted".

Have you ever cleaned your child's face with spit in front of everybody in public? [ 7 Answers ]

I have seen mothers do this at restaurants and parking lots. I wonder what others think about this

I feel nervous when somebody mention my body hair specialy armpit what should I do? [ 3 Answers ]

I have not say it to my dad , I do not like them I can not take my shirt off in front of others because of armpit and chest hair I am really confused , what should I do.

How do you feel about kissing in public [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to know how you guys feel about kissing in public...

Before you order a drink in public, you should read this! [ 2 Answers ]

Seven New York City bartenders were asked if they could 'nail' a woman's personality based on what she drinks. Though interviewed separately, they concurred on almost all counts. The results: PART A: WOMEN-DRINKS, WHO THEY ARE, & YOU! Drink: Beer Personality: Causal, low-maintenance;...

View more questions Search