Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HVACProblems Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2011, 04:25 AM
    When I switch the thermostat to heat, the display goes blank and furnace doesn't work
    Have a Honeywell simple digital non-programmable thermostat. The AC is fine. When I switch from AC to "off" or "heat" position, the display goes blank. The heat does not come on, but the blower will if I switch it from "auto" to "on" obviously blowing cold air. This is an all in one (gas heat and AC) large unit outside the house. Over the summer, a repair man came out and did a whole cleaning and whatnot on that unit for the AC, we have never had trouble with the heat. I wasn't here when he was so I don't know if he tested the heat when he was finished (it was summer) so I'm a little suspicious that maybe he accidentally disconnected something, flipped a switch, etc. That would cause the heat not to work.
    HVACProblems Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2011, 09:00 AM
    I discovered the green, yellow, white and red wires inside the outside unit which were obviously connected to the ones running to the thermostat inside. A couple of them were disconnected where they were supposed to be twisted together with those little plastic things. That bundle of wires runs through the front of the outside unit to the ground and I know I've hit that with the weed eater, it must have pulled them apart on the inside. I reconnected them and now have no problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GoodmanA42-20 furnace heat work sometimes, new thermostat on. [ 0 Answers ]

I have goodman A42-20 furnace the blower works kicks on like it should but doesn't put out hot air evertime it kicks on. I have put a new thermostat on. Still the same. Can anyone help me?

Bryant Thermostat Has Intermittent Blank Display [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Bryant Furnace with the Bryant thermostat that came with the unit. This is a non-programmable thermostat and is powered by electric (no battery power). The problem is intermittent but while the furnace is running sometimes there is no display on the thermostat. Pressing the up/down...

Honeywell T8001 Thermostat - Blank Display [ 1 Answers ]

Kids while playing in the backyard were banging against the outside compressor unit and I found later that the display on the thermostat is now blank. So I can not switch on heating or air conditioning. Since my house has two units one for upstairs and one for downstairs, I tested by swapping the...

Thermostat display is blank [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell programmable thermostat and the display is blank. We had a bad storm and the power went out. I have checked the breaker and reset it. The blower will come on when I switch it to ON, but nothing else works. Can someone help?

View more questions Search