Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuhinsinha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 12:59 PM
    W8 Ben form
    I am on H1-b. I am Indian citizen. I have US bank account. I have received W8 Ben form from the bank. Whether should I received the wait Ben form , if so why? What does this mean?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Oct 28, 2011, 10:25 PM
    You have H1-B. You are resident of U.S. so you will file W-9 instead of W8-BEN except if you will not complete 183 days of H1-B.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Form 8223, form 8316 and form 843 for F-1 student (India) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an International student (from India) doing my MS in Computer Science in NY. I worked for a month on CPT in 2009 and I got a w-2 form from my employer recently. And I realized that my employer did withheld Medicare Tax and social Security Tax. And I asked him to refund the SS Tax and...

W8 Ben Form [ 2 Answers ]

After retiring, I moved back permanently to the UK a year ago from the US. I have dual citizenship and want to transfer my 401k funds from the US to the UK. I was informed I would need to fill out a W8 Ben form as I may be eligible for the Treaty tax rate. Is this accurate?

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

When do I have to file form w8-BEN? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a resident-alien (passed the substantial presence test) for tax purposes. I opened a stock trading account with Zecco.com. I am requested to send form W8-BEN. I was reading instructions and it says, w8-BEN is applicable only for non-resident aliens. Do I even have to file wait or is there...

I love ben [ 4 Answers ]

There is this wonderful boy at school named Ben **** and his best friend is Noah. These girls, Nell and Christina, completely ruined my chance of getting Ben by telling him I wanted to dance and telling him I loved him. I am so mad at them for this! I cry every night, literally. I never want to...

View more questions Search