Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crazy_kool. Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 08:10 PM
    I want to become a fashion designer , but I'm 11, what should I do?
    I am really good at it and I think I'm ready for the industry. The problem isn't I'm nervous it is that there's no schools to go to when your 11. I want to be discovered but I think I need to go 2 New York 4 that, but I'm just not quit ready 4 that so I need help!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 28, 2011, 03:52 AM
    First, you need to start taking art and design courses to prepare yourself. Your school, especially at your age, may have limited offerings in this area, so you will have to wait.

Keep designing and learn to sew and start making your own things. When you get a bit older ask your parents to help you set up a web site where you can display your designs. The idea is to build a portfolio.

When you have some designs, talk to local clothing stores to see if they will help you market them.

There are many schools that can help, though NY's Fashion Institute (FIT) is one of the top schools, there are others. You can make this dream come true, but it will require work and patience. Its not going to happen right away.
    raytay2424 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Nov 6, 2011, 10:44 PM
    I have always been really good with designing clothes and what not. But I honestly think that if you really practice you can go far with it. Going to NYC when your eleven is a little risky ONLY because you are such a young age. But if you make some pieces that are really nice, maybe they may look at them. Just stick to what you are doing, your only eleven so you should be in 6th; 7th grade? Just give it time. You have your whole life ahead of you. You will go far! Good-luck!
    Jasmine.Cullen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 09:38 AM
    Hey crazy Kool!
    Listen You are Quite Young For Start working In Such Thing.. Let Time Go And Start With At As a Hobbie.. Keep Drawing And Create new designs and Re Design Ur Old Designs.. Surf the Inter net always keep Checking on What's New in The Fashion World show your friends and family your designs and hear their opinion and wait till you can start to went to fashion school or something and take this thing as a career who knows maybe you would change your mind about being a fashion designer :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to pronounce fashion designer [ 2 Answers ]

How do you write/ pronounce fashion designer

Fashion designer wannabe [ 15 Answers ]

Is there anyone out there looking for a fashion designer that can draw out ideas, but can't sew? If not, do you know where I can go to find someone like that? Anywhere I can look? I'm trying to teach myself how to sew a little better, but until then, what to do?:confused:

View more questions Search