Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Open Letter to my Ex
    I was thinking, for those of you, who still have some residual feelings, about the breakup of your relationship, what do you think about, posting an open letter to your Ex (leaving their name out of course) right here. Get out all those emotions you are keeping in, ask those questions that are in your head, say the things you wish you could say. Type it up, post it, and truly try and cleanse yourself of those thoughts and emotions preventing you from moving forward.

What I am hoping by suggesting this, is for those who really need to get that last bit of hurt out, who have been tempted to contact their ex to ask that unanswered question , perhaps it will help to do an open letter to your Ex. This could be your way of YOU closing this chapter and on your way to days where it truly is all about you!

If this isn't a good idea :o I would understand. Honest. I just want all of your hurts to leave you and this thought popped in my head as a way that may be able to help. I don't know :rolleyes: To be honest, in reading some of your post, I have been tempted to write the letter myself to some of these ex's... geeez.
    So what do you think? Any one feel like starting the “ Open letter to my Ex” thread?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Allheart, I think this is a great idea since writing is very cathartic. I look forward to reading some letters!!
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Feb 6, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Here's my contribution:

Dear ex,
    Die in a fire.

Yours truly
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverZero
    Here's my contribution:

Dear ex,
    Die in a fire.

Yours truly
    LMAO - Now see don't you feel better. I was hoping for some humor as well. Good for you. OMG!!
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Feb 6, 2007, 05:38 PM
    P.S. Tell that guy you're dating I hope he chokes.
    daisydew Posts: 75, Reputation: 14

Feb 6, 2007, 10:36 PM
    I wish I could be bitter towards my ex... seems like it would be easier.

My letter would probably say something like, I wish you wouldn't see me as such a bad person since I didn't really do anything wrong. Haha now I sound pathetic.
    sexymamma3186 Posts: 2, Reputation: 5

Feb 6, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Dear Ex-
    I hope you get hit by a bus.. since everything was always my fault. Oh yea and I hope one day someone beats you the way you did me. I used to be mad at myself for letting you treat me this way, now Im mad at you for always being an . I hope your woman learns fast about you before you smack her around and call her stupid and she realizes its too late to run away because you will stalk her for the rest of her life as well. And oh yea its been 5 years please leave me alone. Im trying so hard to move on but you keep popping your head into my life> I want to get married and forget you ever existed!!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 02:23 AM
    To my ex's,

Thank you for giving me the greatest gift of all. Freedom.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 02:26 AM
    God, I could do this all day,

To my ex's

No matter how much time I spent with you and no matter how lost I could get in your eyes, I could never go completely insane like you are.

Love always
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Feb 7, 2007, 03:44 AM
    Dear ex,

Well, I see your life hasn't changed for the better since you split up with me. You said it yourself you haven't changed, still think you are 17, and take no responsibility for yourself or your future. I really doubt anyone will put up with what I did, and I think you lost a big part of your life when you lost me. I looked after you, supported you and was always there for you. So, you loved me but were not in love with me, we were too different, you said you changed into an a*****e near the end, you wanted a clean break but you wanted us to still be friends, you wanted me to still email you, - no wonder I was and still am a bit confused! You never would speak about your problems in your life, you just let them all pile up, and would get angry. I was the top of your list i.e. I think you thought life would be easier/better without me, Well is it?

wap : )

Feb 7, 2007, 03:48 AM
    Hey I am in a really funny mood today, how about we send our exes a batch of spiders for Valentines day ha ha ! I am evil! Oh OK, I could never be evil I know!
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Feb 7, 2007, 04:02 AM
    My darling ex,
    Well one year ago we were planning our wedding and today I sit here getting mails about how you found my photo from when I was a child and funny things that have been happening to you recently.
    What the f*** is going on!
    Did you not realise all the f****** hurt and damage you caused me when you left me to cancel everything and tell everyone while you f****** off and then if that was not bad enough to f*** me 3 months after that and have the nerve to call it love and feelings.

I hope your f****** life nowadays is all that you thought it would be and that you will seriously think before you tell someone else that you love her every day for 2 years , that she were the best thing that ever happened to you, want to be with her forever,and ask her to marry you. Get out of your dream world and start living in reality.

Your dear ex who is still alive today , I believe any other girl who had to put up with this situation would have ended her life by this stage.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 04:09 AM
    You guys are doing so great with this. Do you know what the great things is, you can get it all out, not have to worry, what will they think , or will they respond or maybe I shouldn't say that. Guess what, say it…and free yourself from all of it. This can be your way of getting some internal control back. Good for all of you and go for it!!

Hoping this helps.

Allheart

Feb 7, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Thanks allheart! Seriously therauputic.
    Ahhh I feel better.

Feb 7, 2007, 04:13 AM
    I would feel better if we all pay 10p for charity and line up to throw custards pies in their faces!

Feb 7, 2007, 04:15 AM
    Gosh I nearly feel like sending it to him!!

Feb 7, 2007, 04:19 AM
    Wow Rol, so honest! I can imagine you saying this to him face to face with a frying pan/rolling pin in your hand! Ha ha! Yeah, it's a shame we didn't get angry with them face to face or by phone/email - we are so polite aren't we?

Feb 7, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Well when I talked with him at the end of October I did say some of those things, and told him how he will never find someone like me again, and in a few a years he will realise it but by then it will be too late, he agreed with what I said. I did raise my voice and get angry and it was the first time in our relationship that he saw that. Luckily there was no pan/rolling pin nearby lol ;-)

And it felt good to finally get angry with him as I had bottled in those feelings for 5 months.
    It kind of helped me get to the next stage of healing and let him face the reality of what he had done.

Feb 7, 2007, 04:33 AM
    Good for you Rol. I just got annoyed because my ex sweeps things under the carpet. When I saw him last month, he had obviously still been doing that, and just working to take his mind off things. Problems don't go away, you have to deal with things.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Dear Ex idiot type person…

You came home to a half empty house and when you left this morning you had no idea when you returned I and the cat would be gone.
    I have no regrets well just one I left the rabbit but at least I know you took care of it, it was about all you were capable of doing.
    I think the only thing in our 10 years together that you did right was take me to the edge of the pasture that showed me new life even though you did it without realising.
    What I have now is 20 zillion times better than anything you could have given me and the best thing of all is I am loved by an honest man.
    All I can hope is you learnt from why I left and you now treat your wife with a lot more respect than you ever did me and that your mother isn't as evil to her.
    May you and your family be eternally happy and once again I thank you for setting me free into the arms of a man that really is a man.

Laura.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend 'ex' had their child [ 6 Answers ]

The baby was born 3weeks ago now , and everything seemed great at first the way my boyfriend was acting about the whole situation actually made us closer.. He was at the birth of their child , and see the child everyday up at the mothers house.. That's the only issue I have. Is it wrong? I...

Open letter to ALL members of the forum [ 2 Answers ]

This is just an open letter to all relationship forum members. I and Im sure many others just wanted to thank you for the support and great advice I/they have gotten. It's strange to think how much people you have never even met care about you, but it seems to be a common theme on these forums....

Separated, but 'ex' is not legal citizen, how do I file? [ 2 Answers ]

I got married in Aug 2007 under false pretenses and am currently separated from him (although in North Carolina, I believe 'separation' is just one year of not living together, and after that year we file for divorce.) as of mid-september 2007. I never changed any of my documents (social...

An open letter to defense lawyers [ 35 Answers ]

**Author's note: The following is a piece I wrote for another place and purpose altogether; however, given the question concerning war and PC-ness, I thought I would post it here. I have not altered it, but have starred out enough letters to mute the profanity somewhat. I know such language is...

View more questions Search