Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    omee123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 06:43 AM
    Blower not starting when in "AUTO" for HEAT... working fine for A/C
    Hi, I have an approx 20 yr old lennox gas heated furnace.
    I changed the thermostat about 2 weeks ago and now the fan isn't turning ON when the thermostat is in AUTO and HEAT mode. It is working fine in AUTO and COOL.

I switched back to the old thermostat and found out that nothing was working on AUTO. (Furnace not turning ON, blower not running, A/C not turning ON). Since then I have switched back to the new thermostat. Now I have to manually start the heating every time it gets cold.

I did turn off power to the furnace while changing the thermostats.
    I would appreciate if someone can put me on the right track to diagnose this issue.

I also wanted to know how can we test the furnace and blower at the same time (connect both W and G to are?)

Thanks in advance!

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

AC blower fan will not run in auto, only "ON". (heater runs in auto fine). [ 2 Answers ]

AC problem. My blower fan will not run in auto. (heater runs in auto fine). The fan will run in "on" position. I suspect the timer (or maybe a limit switch if there is one) on the fan control board. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic for the Lennox BCC2 fan control board? Thanks...

Blower runs on "ON", but not on "Auto" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a Goodman COMBINATION HEATING AND COOLING OUTDOOR UNITS PG/PGX SERIES (100K BTU). It failed to warm the space. The fan would not run on “ON” or “Auto” mode. Upon investigating, there is no power to the unit due to 25 amps fuses blown. Replaced with new fuses. Power was...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.