Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmboss08 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2011, 09:44 PM
    Cannot Access Website from Outside Domain
    Hello All,

I am having an issue with all of the computers here in my office. We can access our website from within the Local Area Network, but whenever we take a computer outside of the LAN it receives a 502 error when typing in our URL. I have these issues with every outside network, not just specific Internet Service Providers.

The strange part is that any computer outside of our domain (my personal computer, for example) can access the website from anywhere. If we take two laptops and place them on the same outside network, one from the domain will receive a 502 error and the other computer will not. When you ping the website from a domain computer located outside the LAN, it does get the correct public IP address.

Our server has an internal DNS with the Host A names for www mapped to both internal and public IP's, and I have confirmed the ISP is not blocking any ports.

Does anyone have an idea for what is going on? My boss really needs the VPN access, so any assistance will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Chris
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 26, 2011, 12:57 AM
    HTTP Error 502 Bad gateway.
    Check the TCP settings for the domain machine and clear the browser cache completely.
    More reading here: http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E502.html

Sounds like you are using static IP's within the domain environment, so it isn't getting updated correctly off the domain.
    Setting the machines to use DHCP should resolve this issue.
    EyeNoNothing Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Oct 27, 2011, 06:40 AM
    In your last sentence, you mention your boss really needs VPN access. Are the work computers connected to the VPN when you are trying to access the website? If your VPn connection is set to use the default gateway on the remote network, you may have issues connecting to the internet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot access domain after adding new user? [ 2 Answers ]

I created a new user in the server with admin rights, after it was added the network went down. I cannot access the internet and shared folders from any computer in the same network. How can I fix this?

Uploading website to a domain [ 8 Answers ]

A friend has asked me to create a new website for her. She has given me the username and password for her domain. Is there an easy way to download her old page to my computer so I can use the photos and information? Or would it be easier to just copy it the old fashioned way (right click and...

Connecting domain name to website. [ 16 Answers ]

I'm a computer newbie and I need help. I purchased a domain name and I'm not sure how to connect it to my website. I don't know what any of the computer/tech lingo means and it gets pretty confusing when they throw letters at you. (DNS, IP, HTML, DDS etc.. ) Is there a simple explanation? Do I...

I already have a domain name now I need a website [ 23 Answers ]

Hi how are you guys doing? I already have a domain name now I need a website.. I bought a domain name yesterday.. I was trying to build my website from where I got my domain at.. well it is to complicated.. and it looks like it is for business only.. I am trying to make a website about missing...

View more questions Search