Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NinjaSpy16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2011, 08:54 AM
    How long will my industrial piercing continue to hurt?
    I got my industrial done just over two weeks ago and yes, I realize this may be a bit soon to start worrying but hey, it's a hole through my ear. The guy that did the piercing told me to avoid using peroxide and straight alcohol, but to instead use a warm sea salt solution and a q-tip, or unscented, uncolored soap to clean it with. I've been following that faithfully every day and the piercing is still crusting up constantly, and itching like crazy! Because it keeps crusting up, I've been avoiding touching it and rotating the bar, one because he said it would cause healing to take longer and because I run the risk of getting the crust into the piercing. The other thing is that it still bleeds periodically and it is painful to fall asleep on. Is that normal? I also would like to know if it is possible for a piercing to bruise if it gets accidentally pulled on or tugged because it feels bruised but there's no discoloration around the piercing.
    Cheeze_Babe56 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2011, 06:02 PM
    It's normal for two weeks, but after three weeks, be sure to take it out for a day. Clean it thoroughly.
    littledarlin Posts: 22, Reputation: 5

Dec 7, 2011, 12:52 PM
    Whoa whoa - do not take it out after 3 weeks!

You have been given very good advice by your piercer - a warm sea salt solution will do it wonders :-)

Everything you are experiencing is normal. An industrial piercing is a painful one and it will hurt to sleep on for anywhere up to 12 months!

The bruised feeling you have is also completely normal. If you are still getting this feeling after a few months it may be an idea to purchase a bioplast (plastic bar) this can help as its slightly softer and one piercing will pull less on the other.

Any upper ear cartilage piercings - especially ones like industrials - can take anywhere up to 2 years to heal fully.

Happy healing and enjoy your new piercing.

Xxxx

(owner of 25+ piercings)
    Jgarcia00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 01:48 PM
    Super worried I got the industrial piercing around 3 weeks & took it out to clean it ,I tried putting a different earing into it and hurted my ear,I have my top of war swollen and I'm worry its going to close up?
    skittleslover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 11:13 AM
    When the industrial piercing is completely healed does it still hurt?
    karla- Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2013, 01:03 PM
    I just got the piercing yesterday, it is a very painful process, I used the solution afterwards and it helped tremendously. Try to use a cotton ball in the solution and compress your ear with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How long does a tongue piercing hurt [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I have many different piercings including snakebites, angelbites, both side of my nose, septum, ears, bellybutton, and now my tongue. I'm on my third day of getting it done, and this day has by far been the worst for swelling. I just wanted to ask how long (if you have had one,) did yours...

How long should my cartilage piercing hurt and how do I detect an infection? [ 0 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced about four days ago and it was sore but not particularly painful. Yesterday though, the back fell off while I was cleaning it and the stud fell down the drain. So I dipped the other earring in the cleaning solution I was given and put it in the hole. I've heard...

Industrial piercing [ 0 Answers ]

Hey I'm 13 and my mom is going to take me to go get an industrial piercing this Wednesday (though I may end up not getting it :P my friend tried to get one this week and they wouldn't let her :/) but I was wondering what I should do for it after to keep it clean I work at a barn and I'm there 3...

How long should a cartilage piercing initially hurt for? [ 3 Answers ]

Two days ago, I had my cartilage pierced with a gun. The stud is able to turn and I'm cleaning it but it still throbs a little. I don't believe it's infected but when should I expect the initial pain to go away?

Industrial piercing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am thinking of getting an industrial piercing and was wondering how long will it be until I can take it out for a very short period without it closing up?

View more questions Search