Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starsbooty Posts: 119, Reputation: 7

Feb 6, 2007, 01:35 PM
    GROW hair DamN IT! Grow!
    My hair length is about 1 inch long, I cut it about 2 years ago and continued to about every month, now I haven't cut or dyed my hair in about 2 months and it has not grown at all. I want it to grow!! What can I do, use, or whatever to get this growth process started!thanks
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 11, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Sweetie, there is nothing that you can do to make your hair grow faster. The hair on our head grows about 1/2 inch per month. Try to be patient, I'm sure your hair will grow.
    surferbabe715 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 07:38 PM
    OK "prettylady" you are wrong! U can use pills to grow out your hair
    Finnigan Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 07:53 PM
    My hair was falling out more than usual.
    My Dr. suggested I buy some Biotin supplements. Been taking them for several weeks and have noticed a big decrease in hairloss. It is also growing faster. Weather or not my hair was going through a normal phase I can't say for sure.
    nottheonlycluelesstexan Posts: 22, Reputation: 15

Apr 20, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Like PrettyLady says your hair does grow and patience is a big part of it. But a little hint for you is to be very careful with how you take care of the ends of your hair. It may simply be breaking off as quickly as it's growing, so try to sleep with a satin scarf and/or pillow case, wash with a very mild shampoo or wash with just conditioner, avoid hairsprays and mousses and gels or ANYTHING that contains alcohol not matter how small the amount. It is very drying. There are lots of new products on the market that are helpful too. My sister uses Herbal Essences "Break's Over" and it seems to be working well for her.
    Good Luck!
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 21, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Seakelp is fantastic for this and is available from most health food stores or chemists.

Gives you great nails too!
    lillypopkins Posts: 26, Reputation: -1

Apr 22, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by surferbabe715
    ok "prettylady" you are wrong!! u can use pills to grow out your hair
    yes u can take pills from health food store silicea and it is very good for nails as well
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 22, 2007, 11:05 AM
    I'm sorry to say that there is not a lot you can do to make your hair grow faster and there are no miracle growth formulas such as sea kelp or pills. There isn't a pill out there that will make hair grow faster. Our hair grows a half an inch per month, no matter what we take or do. Besides regular shampooing and conditioning, the only other thing that you can really do is take vitamins. The vitamins won't make your hair grow faster, but it will make your hair healthier. Be patient, your hair grows about a half an inch a month and its not too long to wait.
    LAURIE0110 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 10:24 AM

I did have the same problem try washing and conditioning every day and a lot of brushing it will get there eventually.
    kenia23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2010, 07:14 PM
    Actually there is pills that actually work. I'v used California natural hair growth pills. They litterly make your hair grow about an inch every month. The only bad part is that you have to keep redying your hair. So don't listen to these downer debbies. I've seen the results and they are amazing! With all these new vitamins and science improvements, we have no reason to be "patient." there is about a pill for everything including breasth growth. Just visit www.Californianaturals.com
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Sep 14, 2010, 11:42 PM

If its only been two months since a colour let your hair heal a bit. If there is a ''lush'' store in your area or a simliar store try it out its all natural products. It could help heal your hair. And stimulate your scalp who knows maybe that would help
    maddielp Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2011, 07:19 AM
    Try pills called Bioton, get them in 5000 mcg. They make your hair grow fuller and faster, make your nails stronger and they make your skin look healthier. I just started taking them so I can't tell you my personal experience, but my friend's been taking them for about 4 months now and her hair went from her chin to a little past her shoulders, and like me her hair grows extremely slowly normally. The pills aren't very expensive at all depending on where you get them, and they're easy to take. I haven't heard of anyone that experience any negative side effects, but if stomach aches occur just lower the dosage and you'll be fine. You should notice change in about a month to two months.
    chantesodivaish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 02:58 AM
    You shut the hell up am black and yes I use to have short hair my hair was like... right at my ears and nw it reaches the center of my back all because of the vitamins E pills and it actually good for the skin and the nails too try it, no big deal if not well its your lost peace out ;)
    sheba20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 08:31 PM
    I am in the same boat.ive started taking the aphogee hair pills and I did the 2 step protein treatment 2 weeks ago after my relaxer.I relax my hair every 3 months.and I know this sounds crazy,but I can tell its working.my hair stopped shedding and all and looks so healthy.im going to keep this up.and I'm getting kinky twist next week so I don't have to do much for 3 months.

My hair was breaking really bad due to the depo provera shot I'm on for birth control.im getting off it in about 2 weeks thank god.my hair is finally able to be put in a ponytail.I like the doctor miracle,ors olive oil,and aphogee products
    MianaMint Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2012, 07:59 AM
    I feel your pain girl! My hair is my ear length and it just does not want to grow any more! My advice is simple distract yourself from the months, try doing something that takes a long time to finish a hobby or something to distract yourself from your appearance at the moment, sounds stupid but I have a horrible attitude towards my hair and I hate to see it growing odd so I get fed up and cut it, get a trim every six weeks hair grows faster after you've had a cut
    keribeth1992 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
    I strongly disagree with prettylady my mom has beautiful hair now after taking vitamins and hair treatments

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Make hair grow faster [ 5 Answers ]

Hi is there any thing I should eat or pop in to make hair grow faster? I colored my hair and I do not like it but I do not want to color again I just want to grow back my natural hair color

How do you get these to grow in? [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth haven't grown in and its been about 5 months since I lost them. I am 15, and I was supposed to lose these when I was 11. I am freaking out! Is there any possible way that I can like make them grow in? I have never had this problem before.

Will I grow any more? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if I will grow anymore I am 18 female I am 5'5. My mom is 5'6 and my dad is 6'1 and my younger sister is about 5'8. I know nutrition effects growth I had an eating diorder since I was 14 and I have been a vegitariean since I was like 5 or 6. I do try to eat more now. So is there...

When will 30 yr old Grow UP? [ 12 Answers ]

My 30 year old daughter is emotionally a teenager. She blames me for most of her problems that she deals with. Her teen years were horrible for all of us. We as a family went to counseling to help us over come some of the problems. It helped for a while but then everything seemed to get stuck...

How long does cat hair take to grow back? [ 2 Answers ]

We adopted 2 cats 10 months ago from the Animal Rescue Center. One cat was 5 months old at the time. He is a black and white, medium length haired cat. When we got him, the hair on his abdomen was like someone had shaved him. The ARC didn't have any back ground information on him but did say...

View more questions Search